FPV loss and not recovering

Reaction score
So yesterday I got a new height record of 1800ft, this beats my previous best of 1600, but one thing that has stayed consistent is the loss of FPV and its inability to recover.

When the FPV fails it freezes the last image on the screen, normally if I fly lower but further out once I get back in range it resumes the FPV and I can see where I am.

However after the last 2 high records Im finding that the FPV stays frozen and the only way out is to shut everything down and restart it all.

Just killing the app isn't enough.

However strangely enough like the Plus owners I still get the telemetry feed with battery and sats showing etc.

Its not a permanent thing like I said as soon as I reboot everything the FPV works fine.

The other weird occurrence was that once I reached 1800ft the screen gave me the warning "not enough battery to return to home" and the battery level which was at 77% went red briefly then went white and the message disappeared.

Am I starting to see issues with my baby.

Oh I use the Samsung s3 phone and the older app version 1.0.54

Had that problem Wed's and couldn't get it back . Normal for me to lose FPV when way off but when coming back I have always got it back but never did this time :? or my bird and was out a little over 7000' :shock:

So what changed ? I went back to the original android app and that made no difference , the only other thing i did was upgrade the RE with the new app to get data for GS when connected to the phantom, can this be downgraded in any way ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj