FPV latency with P3P

Reaction score
I know I've seen bits and pieces about the inability to fly the Phantom with any kind of speed through intricate areas because of the lag of the video signal. I've heard everything from "sending the higher res video that the P3P does makes it impossible to get good fpv like the racing drones" to t"hat's not what the machine was built to do" to, "just get some good Fatsharks and the add on back to the P3 controller and you're in shape". Can anyone tell me definitively if it's possible to get closer to real time video signal from the Phantom to allow threading trees and other obstacles with any success? Thanks much

Reactions: dcoski
What purpose is this with the DJI craft, built as primarily a slow and reliable photography drone?

Where are you racing for photographs to, that needs a speedy craft to get there?
Some better maneuverability you say.. Practice.

RedHotPoker

What purpose is this with the DJI craft, built as primarily a slow and reliable photography drone?

Where are you racing for photographs to, that needs a speedy craft to get there?
Some better maneuverability you say.. Practice.

RedHotPoker
I think the question was ...Is it "possible to get closer to real time video signal from the Phantom?"

Yes, true. And I believe, of the choices with Phantom 3, the Pro version has the highest video speed, & least latency. But don't think it could ever have the ability that those pilots, with thier high speed of flight, racing drones, can surely appreciate. Even using the HDMI module, with a decent headset.

RedHotPoker

In order to decrease the latency, you'd definitely need to greatly reduce the FPV resolution. Unfortunately, getting some good Fat Sharks is not going to help with that. I doubt DJI would ever introduce such a capability since there are likely very few people who would want to do something like this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.