FPV lag, App closes. New question.

Reaction score
Ok, so I have tried most of all the common fixes that I think are correct. Not to sure were to go from here. Yes I did find the thread on a more powerful repeater, but really, who has time to go through 109 pages just to see one or two similarities that may or may not, fix the problem.

I get her in the air, have full gps lock, around 13 satalites homed in, and get around a 4sec lag in video, sometimes longer. Then all of a sudden the app shuts off. Using a iPhone 4, all firmware says up to date, full charge on batteries. Trashed and reloaded app.

Really would like to put her up and out there, but not really feeling that it is a good idea.

Is it possible to do a master reset, re-boot and re-install of updates without doing any harm?

Re: FPV lag, App closes.

It's most likely to be the phone that's struggling, not anything from the range extender on up. I believe I have seen other reports of iPhone 4 users struggling, later iDevices or android devices are ok. Have you tried reducing the resolution and frame rate in the app?
Hopefully someone familiar with Apple stuff will be along soon with advice.

I agree with Pull_Up's assessment. On androids, it's not uncommon to need to reset phone. You might want to give that a try.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Pull_Up said:
It's most likely to be the phone that's struggling, not anything from the range extender on up. I believe I have seen other reports of iPhone 4 users struggling, later iDevices or android devices are ok. Have you tried reducing the resolution and frame rate in the app?
Hopefully someone familiar with Apple stuff will be along soon with advice.

+1. If I'm not mistaken you need an iPhone 4S or newer for it to work properly. Sorry!

We'll I have changed to the iPad mini and think I have worked that bug out. Now need to figure away to mount.

Thank you for the response.

I now turn to my next question, why does she have a bad case of the jitter bugs? When in hover mode, around six feet looks as though it is having a bad case of the chills.

I can recall a post to the same effect. I can not seem to find it.

Make sure you run an advanced IMU calibration in the software while the phantom is perfectly level and then also do a calibration prior to flying.

flight-of-eye said:
Scottrod said:
Make sure you run an advanced IMU calibration in the software while the phantom is perfectly level and then also do a calibration prior to flying.

System says that it is not required. Should I override and do an advance calibration?

If doing a calibration dance doesn't seem to solve it then yes. Just make sure the Phantom is sitting on a perfectly level surface.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.