fpv interference

Reaction score
Hi, been flying drones a couple of months now and finally built up my phantom 2 to full fpv. When viewing the picture on my black pearl monitor, i get lots of interference on the screen. I'm using IRC spironet antennas and have tried moving them round and relocating them but no success. I've even tried removing the monitor from the transmitter but still the same. I've noticed that if i cover the phantom transmitter aerial with my hand, the interference pretty much dissapears and i get a very good picture.
Anyone else noticed this? Any idea how i can fix this? Will a separate receiver like the IRC uno or duo fix this?
Thanks for any help. Neil.

It is normal for the signal to go bad when the phantom is flying behind you. I am running a black pearl monitor now with one straight and spironet antenna suggested by some of the FPV flyers on the forum. Since it is a diversity signal, it will pick whichever the stronger signal is.I flew this morning, singal is still running strong 700M in front of me and 100M up with my 600mw immersion RC transmitter.

Hi, but even if its 10 meters in front of me, the picture jumps about with lots or interference, but if i hold the phantom transmitter aerial in my fist (even though its a different frequency 2.4ghz) the jumping and interference goes away, then comes back again when i let go.

sounds like the issues alot of people (including myself) are having with the 32ch Black Pearl & the ImmersionRC 600mw. I took the plunge & bought a ImmersionRC Uno (standalone receiver) to feed the signal to the Black Pearl instead of using the internal receivers. I've now been 370metres with no picture break-up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDLML6M ... be&t=6m40s
ps DVR picture is out of sync with the GoPro footage

Some folks have found relief by soldering a wire from the Tx ground to the side of the mini USB connector plugged into the GoPro.

Says in my signature its a IRC fatshark 600mw Tx. Looks like it will have to be a IRC uno or duo receiver then. Will i need any additional cables or connectors to link it up to the black pearl screen.
Thanks for the help everyone.

That interference you are seeing on the monitor is coming from the phantoms end up things not the receiver. The receiver is just picking up the video feed that is showing on the screen at the receiving end.

Now as far as the phantoms 2.4ghz antenna seeming to be were its coming from even tho your video tx is not 2.4ghz dont mean you cant be getting some kind of stray RF interference coming out of that antenna still. and being picked up in the video tx or the wires on you video set up.

But I seen the ground drain wire mod the other day that goes from the silver outer part of the usb connector and the other end in to the ground on the tx video input ground and it took 100% of the interference away.. When things are grounded in that manner its whats known as a interference drain. Think of it like a drain pipe that can take away waist or stray FR interfearance and gets rid of it by sending it in to the batterys ground instead of it going threw your other wires to get out.

Thanks for that, very interesting and well explained. I found this article:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=24836
I'll give it a go and post my results, hopefully this will help anyone else whos having the same problems.

Well i tried the earth wire mod bud didn't make any difference. So i ordered an immersion RC uno5800 receiver and that is defiantly a big improvement. Not tested it for distance but picture stability and quality is now much better.
Thanks to everyone for their help and i hope this has helped others.

Tested out my new antenna setup on my black pearl. I am amazed by the immersion RC patch antenna, range is fantastic with clear signal. I used to run 2 spironet, I can see a huge difference now with the patch antenna.

D13129BF-7BE3-4A10-97B1-34954BA48E01.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic