FPV install

Reaction score
I am looking into having a FPV system installed on my phantom. I found a company called UAV-advertising on youtube that can do the modification. Are there any recommendations or warnings about UAV-advertising customizing your phantom. Thanks in advance for your replies.

mindbender said:
I am looking into having a FPV system installed on my phantom. I found a company called UAV-advertising on youtube that can do the modification. Are there any recommendations or warnings about UAV-advertising customizing your phantom. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi Mindbender,

I've ordered a Fat Shark Attitude FPV setup after reading all of the reviews. Best price/performance/longevity was my conclusion. Looking at the forums and videos on YouTube it looks to be an easy DIY setup so if I were you I would save your money and do it yourself. I find that a lot of the fun of being in this hobby is researching/building/modifying so I chose to do it myself, although I agree its not for everyone, but only you can answer that question. Hope this helps and best of luck. :)

-Y

They seem to be a reputable shop (I know one fellow who bought a pre-rigged Phantom from them I believe).

But there's no reason you can't just buy the FVP gear and do it yourself from Atlanta Hobby and ReadyMadeRC and save yourself a few bucks.

I've done my own FPV setup, but I can understand just wanting to have verything up and working out of the box [or, actually, out of a very nice case].

I have no direct experience with him, but by the looks of things, the UAV Advertising guy does a *lot* of Phantom custom builds. He charges about USD2600 for the fully-pimped version, with a case. If you add up the costs of all the parts [easy to do online], his price starts to look fairly reasonable. I've spent at least that, only incrementally rather than all in one go.

I think his wife works as a masseuse, and he does his builds in a booth at the back of her business. He does a tour on YouTube.

Michael McBain
Melbourne, Australia

Guess it depends on how complex an FPV system you want to build.

but if you merely want a goggle system and want to use a GoPro as the camera, it's just a matter of buying a Fatshark system, connect the Tx to the Phantom with Velcro/tape, run the video cable to the GoPro and that's about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4