FPV help and advice needed

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I posted this on a different forum but i also wanted to post it here since its is phantom specific.

First of all my apologies in advance if this has been asked previously but I need advice from the pro's on setting up getting started with FPV.

I own a DJI Phantom 1.1.1 with a go pro and a cheap gimbal, my next step is FPV goggles and OSD. After much research I have decided to go with the following:

-Fatshark Attitude SD V2 (with spironet antennas)
-EZosd

I am also considering the Fatshark predator V2 and tinytelemtry but for about $50 more I can get the the Attitude V2 and for about $40 more I can get the EZosd.

So here are my questions:

- Am I making a good choice fatshark Attitude + EZosd or the Predator and tinny telemetry are comparable and cheaper?

- Is it better to use my go pro for video feed or the 600TVL camera will be a better choice?

- Anyone with a DJI phantom care to guide me on where I can mount the FPV camera?

Thanks a lot in advance guys, I know there are quite a few questions but I really want to buy the right gear!

Danny.

i own the fatshark attitude sd....happy with it....no complaints.
just make sure you buy a battery with it...and get a charger (or adapter) so you can charge the battery you buy. the batteries do NOT come with the fatshark equipment (90% of people do not realize this....me included...lol).

I use my gopro. You can easily use a different camera...though if you want your flight recorded....use the go-pro.
Just because you use a higher quality camera does not mean you get higher quality video through the fatshark. I think the attitude sd only has like a 800x600 resolution...or something smaller...i forget.

cant help with any osd's....for I havent gone that path yet =)

socman said:
i own the fatshark attitude sd....happy with it....no complaints.
just make sure you buy a battery with it...and get a charger (or adapter) so you can charge the battery you buy. the batteries do NOT come with the fatshark equipment (90% of people do not realize this....me included...lol).

I use my gopro. You can easily use a different camera...though if you want your flight recorded....use the go-pro.
Just because you use a higher quality camera does not mean you get higher quality video through the fatshark. I think the attitude sd only has like a 800x600 resolution...or something smaller...i forget.

cant help with any osd's....for I havent gone that path yet =)

Thank you so much for pitching in!

So in short, no reason to use Attitude camera if i have a go pro correct?

just curious....did you buy a camera with the attitude set?
They dont typically come with the Attitude set.

but if you do get one for it...I would use it if you didnt plan on recording the flight.
That way if you lose your phantom...you dont also lose a $300+ camera =)

but if you want to record you flight in high quality video....use the go-pro no doubt.

one last thing...make sure if you do use your phantom you either purchase or make your own cable to connect the transmitter to your go-pro....thats another item that doesnt come standard.

socman said:
just curious....did you buy a camera with the attitude set?
They dont typically come with the Attitude set.

but if you do get one for it...I would use it if you didnt plan on recording the flight.
That way if you lose your phantom...you dont also lose a $300+ camera =)

but if you want to record you flight in high quality video....use the go-pro no doubt.

one last thing...make sure if you do use your phantom you either purchase or make your own cable to connect the transmitter to your go-pro....thats another item that doesnt come standard.

the attitude set I am going for comes with everything but the battery as you have stated. I already bought locally the go pro cable as I also saw the need for it. You have a great point, using the camera for FPV and the go pro for recording that way is less weight and less $$$ in the air!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues