FPV Gopro hero 3 Camera blank screen..?

Reaction score
Hi

I have a FPV set up i am using with my GoPro hero 3. when i am filming i get footage on the FPV screen but when i sed the camera to take a photo in continuous shoot mode the screen is blank.

Is there any wat to see what the camera is seeing whilst it takes pictures.

Thanks,
Tom

It does the same to me. My fpv, so better use the camera in burst mode to take 30 pics in a sec using the gopro app and wifi.
In timelaps you get blank screen on fpv since the begining of the flight if you dont enable the cameras wifi.
I enable it a lot of time without having any flyaway problems

tomtom123 said:
Hi

I have a FPV set up i am using with my GoPro hero 3. when i am filming i get footage on the FPV screen but when i sed the camera to take a photo in continuous shoot mode the screen is blank.

Is there any wat to see what the camera is seeing whilst it takes pictures.

Thanks,
Tom

What's your photo frequency? I've got the Hero2, and it blacks for about half a second after each shot - OK at one shot every 2 seconds, but unhelpful at a 0.5s interval!!

You can use photo and video mode, its a bit limited in modes you can use and photos arent full res but the screen wont blank out when taking a photo I think.

I am experiencing the same problem as TomTom's original post: FPV works fine with GoPro 3+ in video mode, but nothing when camera is in time lapse photo mode. Most of my needs are video, but when I want jpg's, I want full capabilities of camera, and not a low-res screen grab from video. Am I doing something wrong on the camera settings? Setup is ImmersionRC 200mw video transmit, to FatShark Attitude SD and also Lilliput 664 screen. GoPro Hero 3+ with iOSD mini. I am seeing same feed on both goggles and screen: iOSD overlay good, but gray nothingness if camera not in video mode. My hunch is it's either a camera setting, or there is no way to do what I want to do.

I tried searching the forum for answers on this, but came up empty. I saw one post that time lapse frequency might be a factor, but haven't experimented. Appreciate any expert answers, and sorry if the solution is already on the forum and I couldn't find it.

Kelly

Ran a few tests this afternoon, answering my own question: FPV is dependent on shutter interval on GoPro time lapse mode. With one jpg every 2sec, you get sufficient imagery in the goggles to frame shots and navigate. Don't recall interval that was problematic, but I suspect it was finer than 1 image per 2 seconds.

Kelly

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31