FPV Goggles

Reaction score
Just looking for opinions on the Fat Shark V3's if anyone has them... I have heard they are better on some fronts than the HD2's when flying something like the phantom. Also, either pair will be wired to the remote HDMI so is there anything else I would need to buy?...

You can buy the VR-box or something similar for about 10-20 bucks. put your iphone inside it and download the FPV app which cost some money plus you download the goggle add on which spilts your screen into two in order for the goggles to function properly. Its very fun to fly with FPV. with less than 25 bucks

Reactions: ChristoHD
You can buy the VR-box or something similar for about 10-20 bucks. put your iphone inside it and download the FPV app which cost some money plus you download the goggle add on which spilts your screen into two in order for the goggles to function properly. Its very fun to fly with FPV. with less than 25 bucks

Thanks for this info!

What is the goggle add-on? I can't seem to find it. Found the VRbox for about $20 USD, and the FPV app is about $9 USD

Thanks. I picked up the HDMI module already and installed it last night.

If you have already installed HDMI module and want to have goggles based on it, you have many options.

1. Fat Shark Dominator V3

2. MyBud

3. An HDMI 5 or 7 in monitor plugged into Quanum VR box

4. An expensive Sony HMZ-T3

I have tried Dominator V3, was not very happy with it.

I have Sony MHz-T3, it's quality is excellent but it's heavy and needs time to setup on head.

I'm getting Mybud this week and will be trying it.

My next option, if nothing works out will be to go for a good 5" HDMI monitor and use it.

I was curious about the Sony's..
I was looking at the Fat Shark HD2's but they are 600. and can only be used for the FPV, and to be honest it seems as though no one is that impressed with them.. For a couple hundred more the Sonys can be used all over the place with all devices, and if the picture is better as well, it just may be worth it..

Will the picture be any better when wired by HDMI, than it is using the reciever..?

I was curious about the Sony's..
I was looking at the Fat Shark HD2's but they are 600. and can only be used for the FPV, and to be honest it seems as though no one is that impressed with them.. For a couple hundred more the Sonys can be used all over the place with all devices, and if the picture is better as well, it just may be worth it..
Sony HMZ-T3 is very expensive, new one costs $900 plus but one can get used ones for 600plus on eBay. They have full 720p resolution two screens with 2D and 3D modes. They are little heavy to wear on site as Fpv googles though they are ideal for using with legs stretched on sofa.

FAt Shark Dominator V3 also has 2Dand 3D modes but screen resolution is limited.

Will the picture be any better when wired by HDMI, than it is using the reciever..?
Wired HDMI port on RC outputs 720 p with limited telemetry whereas you get full telemetry through sub port.

Been flying with google cardboard (Galaxy s6+) and Litchi VR mode. The FPVR is such a different/cool experience. How does the VR experience improve using a dedicated headset and HDMI board?

I use fs Dom v3 goggles with my p3p and love them. Of course I fly other fpv quads so I use them for the hdmi and being able to pop in a Rex and fly my other quads on 5.8 also.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Question: what is the advantage of using FPV goggles vs. the video feed in the app? I've never seen or used FPV goggles before. Seems like a neat idea

Question: what is the advantage of using FPV goggles vs. the video feed in the app? I've never seen or used FPV goggles before. Seems like a neat idea

I would suspect that there are multiple answers to this one. I personally have started using goggles because I am tired of wrestling with the sun while trying to view my tablet. I have tried multiple sun shade's and I even purchased a Hoodivision but I guess I am just sensitive to it. So on days when the sun is not blaring I use my tablet only. All other days I will typically use the goggles in addition to the tablet.

Reactions: Wibble
I would suggest looking at a set of Headplay goggles. For $250 you get true 720P HD and a 72 degree field of view. Works great with Phantom 3 RC equipped with HDMI module. Totally immersive, screen so big I find I am looking around inside the goggles to read telemetry info.

I live overseas in a very humid and hot weather. The Headplays are attractive but I feel that I could get condensation out of my face evaporation, not to mention sweating "inside" of them.

The Dominators V3 even have a fan that seems to solve that issue. Is video quality up to par?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic