FPV Goggles

Reaction score
Are there any FPV goggles out there that will work with the P3P without making alterations to the RC?

Are there any FPV goggles out there that will work with the P3P without making alterations to the RC?
Which tablet do you use? The Nvidia shield has hdmi out which will plug into a few different types of goggles. Don't know if any other tablets have video output.
The upcoming hdmi out board from DJI will do the same kind of thing.

I have the Ipad Air, no hdmi port, any word yet on the hdmi board? Also, when that board become available, which goggles are the best for the money?

I don't think there has been a release date given for the hdmi board yet. IMHO the best HD goggles for the money right now would have to be the headplay HD at $249. Other HD goggles with hdmi input I know of are Zeiss cinemizers (discontinued?) and fat shark HDs. Both are $600+

I just received my headplay HDs yesterday and haven't had a chance to fly with them yet, but watching previous flights played back through them is pretty impressive. Huge field of view and very clear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
They can work with HDMI or wifi mirroring (airplay for iOS, screen mirroring for android)

Does airplay work with the app? Have you tried it? I tried mirroring a flight from the back deck to my Apple TV the other day and, whenever I put my iPhone (6+) in airplay mode, mirroring to Apple TV, the app disconnected from the RC/Phantom. Wondering what I did wrong.

Does airplay work with the app? Have you tried it? I tried mirroring a flight from the back deck to my Apple TV the other day and, whenever I put my iPhone (6+) in airplay mode, mirroring to Apple TV, the app disconnected from the RC/Phantom. Wondering what I did wrong.

I don't use iOS devices so I have none to test, but the guy who I bought them from said it works fine with both systems.

One option is Cinemizers with Nvidea Shield. The goggles plug into HDMI port on the tablet.
image.jpg

I don't think there has been a release date given for the hdmi board yet. IMHO the best HD goggles for the money right now would have to be the headplay HD at $249. Other HD goggles with hdmi input I know of are Zeiss cinemizers (discontinued?) and fat shark HDs. Both are $600+

I just received my headplay HDs yesterday and haven't had a chance to fly with them yet, but watching previous flights played back through them is pretty impressive. Huge field of view and very clear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Egads, that Headplay HD looks uncomfortable as all heck... I live in Phoenix, and that would be unbearable in the desert heat. I want to get the Cinemizers but cannot justify the cost to myself...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic