Fpv goggles help please

Reaction score
Hello guys, I have a P2 Vision Plus and would like to have a go with a pair of run of the mill Fpv goggles ?
I have never used them before, just need to know if I can use them with the P2VP and how to set them up if possible. Thank you

I heard if you have a mobile device with an HDMI jack (such as the discontinued Nvidia Shield K1) you can make it happen but I personally haven't looked into it (yet).

I know nothing about a P2VP, does it use a cell phone for fpv and telemetry?... and can you control it with the Litchi app?

I was curious about goggles too so after a little research I bought these from Amazon. UPS delivered them late yesterday so I haven't had a chance to use them yet. The Litchi app has a "VR mode" so that's what I'll be using. Will report back after a while.

BTW, I'll be using this with my p3s so that I don't have to use a cable from the controller to the phone.

Last edited:
There are two 'classes' of goggles, the kind you put your phone into (cheap) and the kind with direct HDMI input (expensive but much higher quality image).

I just wanted to stick my toe in the water so I figured for 20 bucks - what the heck...

Hello guys, I have a P2 Vision Plus and would like to have a go with a pair of run of the mill Fpv goggles ?
I have never used them before, just need to know if I can use them with the P2VP and how to set them up if possible. Thank you

To use HDMI goggles will mean buying a tablet that can output a HDMI signal and then plug the lead into the goggles, their isnt any other way other than using something like the Cavu app or the Litchi app and buying a cheap pair of FPV goggles (google cardboard type), i did a video on Cavu here and find it works quite well without the need for a HDMI solution

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

BTW, I'll be using this with my p3s so that I don't have to use a cable from the controller to the phone.

The P3S is basically the P2V plus but with a better camera, however the live feed is the same, dont expect clear quality FPV with it.

I know nothing about a P2VP, does it use a cell phone for fpv and telemetry?... and can you control it with the Litchi app?

I was curious about goggles too so after a little research I bought these from Amazon. UPS delivered them late yesterday so I haven't had a chance to use them yet. The Litchi app has a "VR mode" so that's what I'll be using. Will report back after a while.

Anxious to hear about your experience. I have the K1 but am not ready to pop $350 for goggles. Since I already have Litchi I've been tempted to try the VR/FPV mode.

The P3S is basically the P2V plus but with a better camera

Thanks, and by coincidence I was just now re-reading parts of the Litchi manual, and found a reference to the P2V+ that I'd not noticed before, so I assume they still work together.

Anxious to hear about your experience. I have the K1 but am not ready to pop $350 for goggles. Since I already have Litchi I've been tempted to try the VR/FPV mode.

I also normally fly with a K1, but HDMI goggles aren't in the budget right now.

It's too windy here to fly right now, so I've been playing with it in the house (w/ no props)... just been picking up the bird and waving it around. So far:

1. It works
2. It's easy
3. It's cool
4. My setup needs some serious tweaking!

First, my phone is old and doesn't have the horsepower to run GO or Litchi without a lot of lag. I have a Galaxy S3 (yes, really, lol)... I tried my wife's S5 before she left for work and of course it was faster and has better screen resolution... guess I'll be shopping ebay for a newer phone.

Also, I'm not sure yet if I want to keep this headset. Both of my problems with it have to do with the focal distance adjustment. It adjusts FD by moving the phone back and forth with the side knobs, there's not much friction holding the adjustment mechanism in place, and looking down makes the whole thing move and pop out of focus. It won't stay put so for now I put a small piece of masking tape on it. I also thought the FD was adjustable for each eye separately, but it's not.

In my case, I want to get a cheap, working, cable-free VR setup to WOW friends, family, and (mostly) potential clients. They're wearing the goggles, I stand next to them and fly VLOS... mostly just straight up from T.O. point and do some 360 pans.

FWIW, these goggles claim separate FD adjustments.

Last edited:
My first impressions of VR:

The wind finally laid down yesterday and the sun came out, so I headed to the 60' clearing in my backyard.

Powered up & connected everything, donned the VR goggles, CSC armed the motors.... and froze.

I could not make myself takeoff not having my eyes on the bird. Having goggles on is disconcerting to say the least.

I lifted the goggles, took off and ascended to ~20'... put the goggles back down - and that uneasy feeling returned. It was in a stable hover so I did a few pirouettes, ascended to ~100' and looked around, lifted the goggles, and came back down with eyes on the prize.

Maybe I'll get used to it, IDK. I have several large fields I can go play in later.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31