FPV goggles and P4 video signal strength

Reaction score
Very little info comes with the Dominator v3 but I hooked it all up and noticed about two seconds after plugging in the hdmi cable from the RC to the goggles, the video (cam view) goes blank on my iPad mini4. Using DJI Go btw. No cam view in goggles either. Disconnect the hdmi and tablet cam view is back to normal. I only have a blank back lit screen in the goggles.

If I'm missing some setting, It'd be great to unscrew this. I'm wondering if by having the tablet and the goggles hooked up simultaneously if that's too great of a load on the output of the RC's video signal. I packed up my goggles for return to Amazon but got to thinking about it so before I unpack and experiment I'm hoping one of you guys or gals knows anything about this. Thanks. Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
In case anyone was wondering, I solved this problem. The DJI go app has a lot of functions and settings. On the main menu there's a pull down for toggling multi video output in and off. It helped. Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: MedicFL1
I just got my dominator v3 goggles to use with my P4. I watched a lot of videos before I bought them and flew my first mission yesterday... not too bad but was wondering if I have the setting correct. What is up with the 3D settings in the goggles? I can't figure that view at all but the 2D seems to be okay. Maybe with more time and experience I can figure it out unless someone has any suggestions

I just got my dominator v3 goggles to use with my P4. I watched a lot of videos before I bought them and flew my first mission yesterday... not too bad but was wondering if I have the setting correct. What is up with the 3D settings in the goggles? I can't figure that view at all but the 2D seems to be okay. Maybe with more time and experience I can figure it out unless someone has any suggestions
Mine only work in 2D, the other options are I guess for other types of aircraft and uses.

You dont have a 3d camera on the Phantom, so 3d video is not possible.

Reactions: RémyHeli

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik