FPV Frustrations

Reaction score
I have a DJI Phantom 2 and am trying to install the FPV Hub & AVL58 Transmitter and antennae.

Where does the Anti Interference baord go in relation to eh FPV hub? Before? After? in the chain?

Can't find a video that addresses this. Also there seems to not be a lot of "free space" left behind the gimbal.

Thanks in advance.

I have a DJI Phantom 2 and am trying to install the FPV Hub & AVL58 Transmitter and antennae.

Where does the Anti Interference baord go in relation to eh FPV hub? Before? After? in the chain?

Can't find a video that addresses this. Also there seems to not be a lot of "free space" left behind the gimbal.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Eric,
the anti-interference board sits inbetween the P2 main controller and the gimbal. It has nothing to do with fpv. You shall feed your fpv transmitter directly from the P2 main board, i.e. you can solder the 12V input to the battery wires there. It might be not the worst idea to have a separate rf filter in the line to the fpv transmitter, however this is an option you may want to try when you experience difficulties like noise in the video stream. If not, go ahead without the filter. With regard to the video signal, you get it directly from the camera or from the iOSD (if you have one). No filter required in this aspect.

Thanks in advance.

Where to put the anti-interference board, transmitter and hub is a bit of a problem it so little real estate left. You could mount the interference board inside the shell as in this video which would give you more room for the hub and Tx. In my opinion the hub was and is a very poor design but it is what it is.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic