FPV for Phantom 2, Zenmuse H3-3D, GoPro Hero4 Black

dmr

Reaction score
Copy from an old thread:

Hi! I have Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3D and GoPro Hero4 Black camera.
My intension is to setup a FPV system and I have chosen these items:
- Boscam FPV 5.8G 400mW AV Transmitter Module TS353
- Boscam RX LCD 5802 5.8GHz LCD Diversity Receiver 7 Inch Monitor
- Boscam RX-LCD5802 Monitor Charging Adaptor
- DJI iOSD mini Module Naza-M Compatible
- Video Cable for Phantom2 with DJI iOSD Mini & Zenmuse
- CNC Alloy FPV Monitor Mounting Bracket Support DJI Phantom Transmitter
- Boscam SKY FPV 5.8GHz Petals Clover Mushrooms Antenna RP-SMA Male

Are these items enough to build a fully working FPV system for my Phantom 2?
Or is there anything missing? Or something too much?
Or would you suggest to replace any item to make the system work even better?
Which antennas do you recommend (flying range appr 1km)?

Thanks for any answer!

hey mate welcome to the FPV area :) I agree with dptcalvin, chances are those antennas you picked (I found them on Banggood and Amazon) aren't going to give you that 1km range you want. Antennas really are the primary factor in FPV performance, and you tend to get what you pay for, and $20-$30 antennas just won't perform like good ones.

Generally speaking, omnidirectional antennas like the ones on your list won't go more than a few hundred meters... to hit 1km or more you're going to need a long range directional antenna like a helix on your receiver... hence dptcalvin's suggestion (along with most folks on this forum) to get a nice kit like the one from FPVLR he linked.... they're worth every penny I've personally had mine out over a mile and the FPV was just as solid as when it's right next to me. (assuming you keep the helix properly pointed at the Phantom of course)

I got about 800m with my fpvlr antennas yesterday over the Pacific Ocean. Turned around b/c of battery life, but I probably could have gone farther. I had a second monitor with the stock whips and that was only able to get about 200 meters.

dptcalvin said:
I got about 800m with my fpvlr antennas yesterday

did you have ONLY the pinwheel on the receiver, or the helix as well?

Both.

dptcalvin said:
I got about 800m with my fpvlr antennas yesterday over the Pacific Ocean. Turned around b/c of battery life, but I probably could have gone farther. I had a second monitor with the stock whips and that was only able to get about 200 meters.

Calvin,

Would you mind sharing what your current FPV set up is?

TeamAguilar said:
dptcalvin said:

Calvin,

Would you mind sharing what your current FPV set up is?

Nevermind, I see you have it listed in your signature. :D

QYV said:
hey mate welcome to the FPV area :) I agree with dptcalvin, chances are those antennas you picked (I found them on Banggood and Amazon) aren't going to give you that 1km range you want. Antennas really are the primary factor in FPV performance, and you tend to get what you pay for, and $20-$30 antennas just won't perform like good ones.

Generally speaking, omnidirectional antennas like the ones on your list won't go more than a few hundred meters... to hit 1km or more you're going to need a long range directional antenna like a helix on your receiver... hence dptcalvin's suggestion (along with most folks on this forum) to get a nice kit like the one from FPVLR he linked.... they're worth every penny I've personally had mine out over a mile and the FPV was just as solid as when it's right next to me. (assuming you keep the helix properly pointed at the Phantom of course)

Hey, thanks for advice!
Does these suggested FPVLR antennas fit to Boscam transmitter and receiver? It seems that they dont...

Boscam RX LCD 5802 5.8GHz LCD Diversity Receiver 7 Inch Monitor - Antennas Connectors:SMA male (inner needle)
Boscam FPV 5.8G 400mW AV Transmitter Module TS353 - Receiver Antenna Connection: SMA-pin
So they both are SMA MALE?

FPVLR antennas - please make sure your Blaack Pearl has SMA FEMALE connector (hole in the middle) before ordering ths kit, and make sure your transmitter has RP-SMA FEMALE (pin in the middle)
Receiver should be SMA FEMALE and transmitter RP-SMA FEMALE.

Or should I just order correct adapters to fit them?
Or can some helpful pioneer suggest different antennas from banggood.com or dpcav.com? It would be easier for me to order these items from one/two selles, besause of the shipping cost to Europe, Estonia.

the part number that dptcalvin linked earlier is indeed the proper part number from FPVLR so that the TRANSMIT antenna connector matches Boscam. The TS353 has an RP-SMA Female connector and therefore the antenna connector needs an RP-SMA Male connector, as stated in the product description
http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=106
FPVLR.com said:
Specific to the Phantom 2 since the pinwheel with 90 degrees connector is RP-SMA wich works with all Boscam transmitters

so I can assure you the TRANSMIT antenna will indeed work properly.

On the RX-LCD5802 (which is what I have also) the antenna connectors are SMA-Female, so you need SMA-Male connectors on the receiver antennas... this is also stated in the FPVLR product link
FPVLR.com said:
The straight antenna and the helix are usually mounted on a ... diversity receiver, and have SMA-MALE connectors

So you should get the right receiver antennas as well. feel free to email sales at fpvlr to confirm before ordering, he's really responsive and helpful

but you SHOULD just be able to buy that one part number and everything will fit. it worked for me, and I have the same equipment as you (TS353 + RX LCD5802)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20