FPV for Phantom 1

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Shane.

I bought my Phantom a couple months back, but after not getting the gimbal to work, I sent it back and now want to try to get something that does work.

I want to get something that isnt going to break the bank, but also has a good range. I am not too concerned with how clear the video will be on the screen as long as i can see the altitude, battery life, and basically be able to fly without hitting something while looking through the screen if i cant see the copter.

I have a gopro hero 4 and a chinese gimbal. I would like to fly about 1/4 to 1/2 mile if possible. Please provide a link if able.

Thanks
Shane

Hello Shane,
For about $50 a Boscam setup is a good budget FPV option for the P1.
What telemetry reporting setup do you have on it?

Boscam 32Ch 5.8G 600mw 5km Wireless AV Transmitter TS832 Receiver RC832 for FPV

"Breaking the Bank" is a very subjective term so I'm just mentioning the lowest "budget" well reviewed system I can think of off the bat.

My P1 v1.1.1 is my "no worries" bird so everything on it is "budget".
FPV_transmitter_zpsequztp8h.jpg

Hello Shane,
For about $50 a Boscam setup is a good budget FPV option for the P1.
What telemetry reporting setup do you have on it?

Boscam 32Ch 5.8G 600mw 5km Wireless AV Transmitter TS832 Receiver RC832 for FPV

"Breaking the Bank" is a very subjective term so I'm just mentioning the lowest "budget" well reviewed system I can think of off the bat.

My P1 v1.1.1 is my "no worries" bird so everything on it is "budget".
FPV_transmitter_zpsequztp8h.jpg

I appreciate the reply. But, I am lost of your question. When I said I dont want to break the bank, I meant, some people this is their main or only hobby. With that in mind, they will spend hundreds on a regular basis for stuff for their Phantoms. For me this is jsut some thing that will be used 2 to 3 times per month honestly. But, when i use it, i dont want junk either. I use my GoPro on my Harley also when we go on rides. I have no problem with spending a couple hundred but I really do need to have a plug and play set up. I dont want to soder or rewire anything. Hopefully this helps.

Thanks again
Shane

I think I understand.
So $200 is your budget for FPV and there has to be no wiring or soldering?
(Do you mean inside the Phantom or neither inside nor outside?)

Sorry, don't mean to drag this out, just trying to make sure I understand so I can possibly help

I think I understand.
So $200 is your budget for FPV and there has to be no wiring or soldering?
(Do you mean inside the Phantom or neither inside nor outside?)

Sorry, don't mean to drag this out, just trying to make sure I understand so I can possibly help
No need to be sorry. I appreciate the help and I am very annal about my stuff.

Correct, I don't want to do any soddering. And that amount is good. I was thinking the Bosch (if I remember right) it goes to about 5K would be good.

Do you mean the Bosch Goggles? Do you have a link because the only one's I've seen were over $500

What is on the Phantom for transmitting the video? (This is the P1 forum and P1's don't come with any FPV equipment) so was wondering what has been added for that task.

Do you mean the Bosch Goggles? Do you have a link because the only one's I've seen were over $500

What is on the Phantom for transmitting the video? (This is the P1 forum and P1's don't come with any FPV equipment) so was wondering what has been added for that task.
No, it was a screen. I'm not going to get goggles. I have a Hero 4 silver for the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.