FPV Equipment on the way

Reaction score
Got all the parts heading my way to go FPV. Looking forward to seeing how it will work. Hesitated on the Xmtr but went with it anyway. If it don't perform I'll get the Emmerson.

Black Pearl 7" display
Mini OSD
Black Momba Xmtr/ with plug and play cables
Flysight Monitor Bracket

Total Package $256 Shipped.
Jimmy

Dang that was fast shipping, got it today and just ordered it Tuesday. Helps when the vendor gets it out fast.
jk

I've got it all up and running. Using all factory antennas it's working really well out to about 200 meters, depending on which way its flying etc. I've only had time in the evenings with low light and just for about 1 battery's worth of flying so I still need more flight time to see how it's really doing. I'm looking to have the ability to reach out further so today I order some different antennas today.
Jimmy

I've got it all up and running. Using all factory antennas it's working really well out to about 200 meters, depending on which way its flying etc. I've only had time in the evenings with low light and just for about 1 battery's worth of flying so I still need more flight time to see how it's really doing. I'm looking to have the ability to reach out further so today I order some different antennas today.
Jimmy

All the antennas will do is insure a clean video on the monitor without dropouts.

I assumed as much. I'm eyeing some stuff right now on eBay, I'll stick with the more popular stuff. May need some help once I purchase something. There are plenty of videos online but everyone is a bit different. Looking at Black Pearl Monitor (it appears the one I have will not work) AVL58 TX, iOSD mini and hub. Seems to be pretty standard fair around here.

I assumed as much. I'm eyeing some stuff right now on eBay, I'll stick with the more popular stuff. May need some help once I purchase something. There are plenty of videos online but everyone is a bit different. Looking at Black Pearl Monitor (it appears the one I have will not work) AVL58 TX, iOSD mini and hub. Seems to be pretty standard fair around here.

To be perfectly honest I have used the AVL58 TX/RX but didn't like the Hub as the leads were not long enough so I hard wired the system. Now I did have the AVL58 lite as you will see in the photo. Months later when cutting down on weight I went with what I using today along with a plug n play cable. So now the only things on the outside of the P2 are the gimbal, camera and transmitter everything else is inside the shell.

If you don't have a GoPro search ebay for used cameras hero 3+ silver or black (not the hero 3 to many problems) or hero 4 black. The hero3 + will have a + after the 3. My last two cameras were bought used and for half of the retail price of course they only came with the battery but hardware you can find online as well for less.

All three of brands I listed have everything you need for an FPV system exfor the mini iOSD module and maybe the plug n play cable. Who and where you buy from and prices will differ.

This was the AVL58 system
IMG_4643.jpg

This is immersion TX and an old photo. O n present setup that gray is under the TX.
IMG_9144.jpg

IMG_5632.jpg

Cool thanks. I already have a GP H4 silver cam, which is why I didn't get a P3....but in the end would have probably been cheaper, but this is 1/2 the fun. Plus I got it for $350 brand new. I have an offer in on a kit that should get me started. It's reasonable so we will see if he/she accepts.

I was wondering about the leads being long enough as well, they don't look like it in many of the pictures which I suppose is why so many hardwire like you did. I guess we will see about the offer.

How much battery life do you give up with all the extra equipment? I will be fixed mounting the camera with the standard P2 mount on an isolated platform, so no gimbal for now. I figure if I can get FPV going for about $550-$575 (including the cost of the P2), that won't be so bad....

Got this used on eBay for $225. Now I'm sure to have more questions -- is there a plug n' play for this that you would recommend?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 399
Cool thanks. I already have a GP H4 silver cam, which is why I didn't get a P3....but in the end would have probably been cheaper, but this is 1/2 the fun. Plus I got it for $350 brand new. I have an offer in on a kit that should get me started. It's reasonable so we will see if he/she accepts.

I was wondering about the leads being long enough as well, they don't look like it in many of the pictures which I suppose is why so many hardwire like you did. I guess we will see about the offer.

How much battery life do you give up with all the extra equipment? I will be fixed mounting the camera with the standard P2 mount on an isolated platform, so no gimbal for now. I figure if I can get FPV going for about $550-$575 (including the cost of the P2), that won't be so bad...

QUOTE="brivander, post: 656837, member: 52184"]Cool thanks. I already have a GP H4 silver cam, which is why I didn't get a P3....but in the end would have probably been cheaper, but this is 1/2 the fun. Plus I got it for $350 brand new. I have an offer in on a kit that should get me started. It's reasonable so we will see if he/she accepts.

How much battery life do you give up with all the extra equipment? I will be fixed mounting the camera with the standard P2 mount on an isolated platform, so no gimbal for now. I figure if I can get FPV going for about $550-$575 (including the cost of the P2), that won't be so bad....[/QUOTE]

Got this used on eBay for $225. Now I'm sure to have more questions -- is there a plug n' play for this that you would recommend?

I have in front me a list which consist of a monitor/receiver, transmitter, plug n play cable and iOSD with a price tag of $382.99 dollars. Sure you could probably get it for maybe $80 dollars less by shopping around

There is a person who frequents this forum who claims he gets 20 minute flight but what he doesn't mention is that he flying a stripped down quad. Truth is according to DJI the takeoff weight 1300 grams barebones a P2 weighs 1000 grams. With the following items on board gimbal, camera, transmitter, antenna, 90° rf elbow, mini iOSD, anti-interference board, plug n play cable and snap on landing gear extensions my total flight weigh is 1358 grams. the flight time with that weight is 16 minutes on a new battery but that time is from when the motors spin up until it auto lands at 14%. So you would be looking at maybe 12 minutes if you landed at 30% like many here do.

Now the deal you made for $225 for that equipment was a good price as the monitor alone cost that much but if you want a clean install with only gimbal, camera and transmitter you will have to hard wire (solder) the system together. Been there none that. Many a newbie have wire their systems up whether hard wiring or using plug n play cables and have shorted out the main board by the simplest of mistakes. So if you are not sure stop and ask for help as it can save $59 dollars to replace the board and some soldering.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20