FPV Camera app question.

Reaction score
I know there are a number of FPV Camera app users on this forum and so I have a quick question.
Recently bought this app and currently getting to grips with planning/saving missions etc. Took my first 2 successful test flights today.
I have the auto-recording set to on and I know that the camera was recording on my two test flights this morning.
I am now trying to figure out how I can view the two videos on my iPad Air 2. They have not appeared in my camera roll as I had expected.
Do I need to download them onto the ipad? If so, how do I do that? Does the P3 & RC need to be connected to do a download of video /photo footage?
I have looked through FPV's in app instructions and tutorials and cannot find this info...

Thanks in advance for any help

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You get a low res view on the app. Look at the top left corner of the DJI Go app for the icon that looks like a sqiggle with a box around it. Sorry, all the Icons look like squiggles.... It's the one on the top left hand corner. That has all sorts of neat flight data.

You get a low res view on the app. Look at the top left corner of the DJI Go app for the icon that looks like a sqiggle with a box around it. Sorry, all the Icons look like squiggles.... It's the one on the top left hand corner. That has all sorts of neat flight data.

In the DJI GO app?
I didnt have the DJI app open with the FPV Camera app...?
I have checked in the DJI library and the videos are not there...? The flights are not in the DJI flight log either (i wasnt expecting them to be, since its recommended to not run dji go when using the fpv camera app...

Just send a email to FPV Camera with you question. I mailed a few e-mails with questions in THE past and they respond very fast.

Just send a email to FPV Camera with you question. I mailed a few e-mails with questions in THE past and they respond very fast.

Yes I will do if I can't get the answer here. As a user of the app yourself, how do you get the video's onto your device? Do you have to download whilst P3 is still on & connected? If so, how u do it please?
I got plenty of video & stills on my ipad from using DJI GO, but not sure how to get em with FPV Camera...

Your video files will be on the Phantoms SD card.

You can remove the SD card and plug it into your computer to download them.
Or with Phantom powered up plug a USB cord from the Phantom to your computer to download them.

Your video files will be on the Phantoms SD card.

You can remove the SD card and plug it into your computer to download them.
Or with Phantom powered up plug a USB cord from the Phantom to your computer to download them.

Aggghhh!!! Really??
Is there no way to record onto the ipad? Like the DJI Go app does?
If not, i'll have to cancel FPV subscription - i dont even have a computer!! [emoji38]

Aggghhh!!! Really??
Is there no way to record onto the ipad? Like the DJI Go app does?
If not, i'll have to cancel FPV subscription - i dont even have a computer!! [emoji38]

The video files from the Go app are not the hi res files that the SD card would have.

I thing they make a SD card adapter for the iPad, maybe you could transfer the files that way.
I have not tried to do it so not sure.

The video files from the Go app are not the hi res files that the SD card would have.

I thing they make a SD card adapter for the iPad, maybe you could transfer the files that way.
I have not tried to do it so not sure.

Ahh yes, good idea. Its worth a try with an adaptor. I'll buy one tomorrow and try that.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Enable Auto-recording to start/stop video recording automatically upon takeoff/landing. 4K/2.7K video file is on SD card, and neither DJI nor FPV apps can playback such UHD files wirelessly. You may need to transfer the files to your iPad or computer for playback.

There is also a screen recorder to record all screen operation and save to camera roll.

Enable Auto-recording to start/stop video recording automatically upon takeoff/landing. 4K/2.7K video file is on SD card, and neither DJI nor FPV apps can playback such UHD files wirelessly. You may need to transfer the files to your iPad or computer for playback.

There is also a screen recorder to record all screen operation and save to camera roll.

Ok thanks for that. So if i knock the resolution down to 1080p or 720 it will appear automatically in ipad camera roll? Or I need to alter some settings to get it?

I will still buy an SDcard adaptor for ipad, so hooefully i can make videos in 2.7 or 4k too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav