FPV Camera app and the P4

Reaction score
Hi all, just so you know I went to several threads on this issue and none of them really covered my question...
Ok then, I was researching the internet last night, trying to figure out how to incorporate my new VR goggles with my P3P and/or my P4. I stumbled across the FPV Camera app, and fell in love with it!! It is basically a super upgraded version of the FPV Booster app, which was my go to app for my old P2 vision +, I can't believe all the time I've had my P3P I was messing with Autopilot app instead of this one. So here's my two questions....
1. Will the FPV Camera app work with the P4?? I read somewhere it might work with it, but couldn't find a definitive answer.
2. With the P4 having new features like touch to fly, follow and orbit, will it even be necessary to get the FPV Camera app? Will it do more than the P4 and DJI Go app, or about the same?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

A new FPV Camera v3.0 is released a few hours ago with Phantom 4 support.

[Edit] Similar to P2V+ FPV Booster app, there are a couple of in-app purchase items in FPV Camera app. We prefer to let users choose (plus 30-day free trial subscription) which add-ons do you want/need instead of charging a high price for everything, but you probably wouldn't use most of them.

Mission Planner
iTunes_MP2_800.jpg

FPV Goggles
IMG_0941_720.jpg

Flight Log
IMG_0090_800.jpg

Last edited:
Alright! Now I can buy my P4 now that FPV camera and Waypoint mission is Phantom 4 friendly.

Love this app for the iOS

Reactions: PVFlyer
Hi all, just so you know I went to several threads on this issue and none of them really covered my question...
Ok then, I was researching the internet last night, trying to figure out how to incorporate my new VR goggles with my P3P and/or my P4. I stumbled across the FPV Camera app, and fell in love with it!! It is basically a super upgraded version of the FPV Booster app, which was my go to app for my old P2 vision +, I can't believe all the time I've had my P3P I was messing with Autopilot app instead of this one. So here's my two questions....
1. Will the FPV Camera app work with the P4?? I read somewhere it might work with it, but couldn't find a definitive answer.
2. With the P4 having new features like touch to fly, follow and orbit, will it even be necessary to get the FPV Camera app? Will it do more than the P4 and DJI Go app, or about the same?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hi
having plotted an flown about 20 different missions with the Beta Version of FPV Camera during the last seven days, trying out all different features, I really do like it and its very user friendly.
My P4 performed like a champ.
It is far superior to the Go app for what I will be using it for in the near future where different gimbal tilt positions and actions from waypoint to waypoint are requiered.

AWESOME!! My P4 just got delivered today! Is v3.0 a beta version, not that I care, just curious.
Version 3.0 had been beta testing in the past 3 weeks or so to iron out all known issues. The official version is released today with P4, P3, I1 & M100 support. We conducted a final test on Target-Waypoint (with multiple POI) mission yesterday, and it went very well though a bit raining. Share with you the screen recorder and footage of the test.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi
having plotted an flown about 20 different missions with the Beta Version of FPV Camera during the last seven days, trying out all different features, I really do like it and its very user friendly.
My P4 performed like a champ.
It is far superior to the Go app for what I will be using it for in the near future where different gimbal tilt positions and actions from waypoint to waypoint are requiered.

Thanks for the response, it was raining here yesterday so I couldn't put the P4 up, but I played with the FPV Camera app and so far I love it. With my P3 I used Autopilot app, and as much as I liked it, the FPV app is sooooo much easier to use, I can set a waypoint mission up in a matter of minutes. rain stopped a little while ago and the sun is out, gonna take the P4 on her maiden flight here in a little bit!! I'll post how it goes.

The Litchi app UI appears to popular on this forum.. There doesn't appear much difference in functionality, though I like how Litchi more closely resembles the Go App and its immediate mission planning sync feature from a desk top - though it's not P4 ready yet!

Thanks for the response, it was raining here yesterday so I couldn't put the P4 up, but I played with the FPV Camera app and so far I love it. With my P3 I used Autopilot app, and as much as I liked it, the FPV app is sooooo much easier to use, I can set a waypoint mission up in a matter of minutes. rain stopped a little while ago and the sun is out, gonna take the P4 on her maiden flight here in a little bit!! I'll post how it goes.
Hey Jack, is the FPV Camera app fully autonomous like Litchi which uploads the mission, or do you always need and RC connection like Autopilot?

It appears to me it always requires a connection since you can change things on the fly as it executes the flight mission, no sure though.

I used the FPV camera app for the first time today with my phantom 4. I did a test on the orbit and waypoint modes which went as expected. At the end of the flight I tried to do a panorama. When I executed the mission the aircraft started drifting. It was still yawing and snapping the photos. It ended up drifting about 500ft before I stopped the mission and flew it back. I tired a few times and every time the mission was executed it started to drift. Any ideas whether or not this is a bug in the new version.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I used the FPV camera app for the first time today with my phantom 4. I did a test on the orbit and waypoint modes which went as expected. At the end of the flight I tried to do a panorama. When I executed the mission the aircraft started drifting. It was still yawing and snapping the photos. It ended up drifting about 500ft before I stopped the mission and flew it back. I tired a few times and every time the mission was executed it started to drift. Any ideas whether or not this is a bug in the new version.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
This is a known issue in the latest DJI SDK that had been reported to DJI. We hope DJI will fix it soon.

Hey Jack, is the FPV Camera app fully autonomous like Litchi which uploads the mission, or do you always need and RC connection like Autopilot?
It appears to me it always requires a connection since you can change things on the fly as it executes the flight mission, no sure though.

Well, I believe it needs an RC connection, I have never disconnected it during a flight. I am not familiar with Litchi, never used it. I did end up using FPV Camera today and really liked it, I'll post the video here in a little bit, I'm still editing it.

Well here is the edited video of today's maiden flight. I must have clicked something wrong when uploading to youtube, because the quality is crap, the original is 1080p. Anyway, In the first part I am using waypoints through the FPV Camera app, ( I also did an orbit mission in the FPV app that went well, but my dumb *** forgot to hit record..lol) Then I switched to DJI GO to try some of their new features. I ask a question in the video about tap fly, but I think I might have it figured out, lets see what you think. Also the waypoint and active track are obviously sped up.

Last edited:
Reactions: PVFlyer
Well, I believe it needs an RC connection, I have never disconnected it during a flight. I am not familiar with Litchi, never used it. I did end up using FPV Camera today and really liked it, I'll post the video here in a little bit, I'm still editing it.
Once a waypoint mission is uploaded and started, the mission will continue even RC signal lost until mission completion or lower battery RTH. This is stated in Help > Mission Planner > FAQ section or as below.

Q2. If RC signal lost or app crashed/quit accidentally during waypoint mission, will the mission continue?
A2. RC signal lost is a common issue likely due to RF interference, antenna orientation, far distance or signal blocked by obstacle. When RC signal lost or app crashed/quit accidentally during a mission, the mission will continue until reaching the last waypoint. If you set Finish action to RTH in Setup tab, aircraft will RTH and auto-landing. This is usually safer than aircraft RTH or hover upon signal lost. Imagine, when you fly behind an obstacle (such as a tall building) blocking RF signal then the aircraft executing RTH, RTH altitude might not set high enough to avoid hitting the obstacle.

Once a waypoint mission is uploaded and started, the mission will continue even RC signal lost until mission completion or lower battery RTH. This is stated in Help > Mission Planner > FAQ section or as below.

If you set Finish action to RTH in Setup tab, aircraft will RTH and auto-landing. This is usually safer than aircraft RTH or hover upon signal lost. Imagine, when you fly behind an obstacle (such as a tall building) blocking RF signal then the aircraft executing RTH, RTH altitude might not set high enough to avoid hitting the obstacle.

What's the different between aircraft RTH and Mission RTH?

Well here is the edited video of today's maiden flight. I must have clicked something wrong when uploading to youtube, because the quality is crap, the original is 1080p. Anyway, In the first part I am using waypoints through the FPV Camera app, ( I also did an orbit mission in the FPV app that went well, but my dumb *** forgot to hit record..lol) Then I switched to DJI GO to try some of their new features. I ask a question in the video about tap fly, but I think I might have it figured out, lets see what you think. Also the waypoint and active track are obviously sped up.

Nice P4 maiden flight! I watched the 4K video on 27" Dell monitor without problem. Youtube usually processes video from low to high resolution. So you might see crap resolution right after you uploaded, since you were watching low resolution video. The video looks a bit jerky probably due to you sped it up a lot.

What's the different between aircraft RTH and Mission RTH?
I think your "Mission RTH" referring to the "Finish" action as shown below. It's a "planned" RTH option upon completion of a waypoint mission. Other RTHs are usually "unplanned" failsafe actions, such as RC signal lost, low battery or smart RTH.

IMG_0394_800.jpg

Reactions: Purog
I think your "Mission RTH" referring to the "Finish" action as shown below. It's a "planned" RTH option upon completion of a waypoint mission. Other RTHs are usually "unplanned" failsafe actions, such as RC signal lost, low battery or smart RTH.

IMG_0394_800.jpg
Uhh yes that would make sense. Thank you.

How do I get a refund for this app if I bought it last night and have not used it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic