FPV bosscam RX-LCD 5802 and emmersion compatibility

Reaction score
Hi all, I have read and read and am now confused as to the compatibility of the Bosscam 5802 and the emmersion 600mw transmitter. I have purchased the ant. package from fpvlr the premium combo and can only seem to get 600m before the picture cuts out badly. I am on channel 7 5860mhz and have checked the receiver also to be there and all seems good, however as I have said I can only get 600m. I have read there are those that fly over 1500m with this set up. before I changed the ant I was getting 300m! horrible!! am I missing something here? I had the ant down in the middle outside the landing gear but have now moved it to stick out the rear and vertical. I have not re tested but I hardly think that's the issue, I have checked my antennas for correct pin ect.. I'm just clueless. I fly in urban area so lots of wifi i'm sure.. Any idea's. Thanks

ok here are two, If you need better let me know,Thanks

Attachments

• 20150217_220834.jpg
    20150217_220834.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 681
  • 20150217_220911.jpg
    20150217_220911.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 657
the ImmersionRC and LCD5802 are totally compatible, that's not your issue. transmit antenna location looks good, maybe a small dead zone if it's directly facing you but nothing major.

on the RECEIVER LCD5802, make sure you are on the DIVERSITY "source". I have one of these myself, and there are separate "sources" for antenna A, antenna B, or diversity (also AV-IN but who cares). Keep pressing the source button and watch the on-screen display, it should tell you ANT A .... ANT B ... or DIVERSITY. You can even use this if you have both antennas attached to compare the signals by putting the source on A only or B only, and knowing which antenna it's using. Keep an eye on the little LEDs in the lower left of the LCD5802 below the screen. whichever input it's using will be lit up.

also of course you know you need to keep the helix pointed at the Phantom right? it's directional... so as you fly around you have to adjust accordingly... if you aren't adjusting and fly off to your left/right and the helix is no longer pointed at the phantom... it get no signal :)

I'd recommend pulling off the pinwheel so that ONLY the helix is attached and making sure it's properly using the helix. 600-700m is about the limit of the range I get when I only have the pinwheel installed on the receiver. the helix should go MUCH farther (multiple kilometers)

Thanks for the info on the display , I have figured it all out on how it works (or is supposed to work) It is on diversity and both channels are tuned correctly, I was watching it the other day and it seems to run on the helical mainly seldom switching to the pinwheel. I do know its directional also. As I have said I have read and read!! LOL ,I have the osd installed and it gets 600m aprx. and just goes nuts flickering and snowing out. I do live in a subdivision and can tell you there is a good supply of wifi in here everywhere so idk maybe that's the issue..Thanks for the help, advice and please if anyone else or you have any other ideas please feel free to share!! Thanks all

I get about half that at best. When I fix it I'll let you know

fastmovn1 said:
I was watching it the other day and it seems to run on the helical mainly seldom switching to the pinwheel.

I noticed this also, if you have the helix plugged in the display rarely uses it, only if you're like facing completely away from the Phantom so the helix has zero signal.

Try channel 1 on the transmitter... channels 1 and 2 are over 100mW stronger than the upper channels

really? I had it on channel 1 but moved it to see if it helped, Its 4 deg. here, lol so no flying for me right now,I will def try it when it warms up a bit,,Thanks

FPVLR said:
You need to install the antenna exiting out the side not the back of the copter.
Tony.

Is that optimal positioning for the bird antenna? Excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject, but how is that better for reception compared to antenna on the back of the copter - especially if it's bent to face down.

FPVLR said:
You need to lose that 90 degree elbow adapter.

Tony.

I don't see any elbow connectors in the original post / pics... do you mean he DOES need a 90? That's how I have mine setup, my antenna port faces out the rear of the copter, I have a 90-degree connector and then my pentalobe hangs straight down.
Mine hangs down below the legs so that there are no "dead zones", I always launch from a ledge or hand, and hand-catch never ground land.

FPVLR wrote:
You need to install the antenna exiting out the side not the back of the copter.
Tony.

Tony, I had it to the side w/o the 90 and that was my 600m, I just installed the 90 and set it up this was before the pic, I will fly it like this and them report back..thanks

Ok guys, so I got the phantom out today and off I went in a different direction this this time same neighbor hood and same result! 600 +/-m grr.. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong, Its the same no matter where I place the ant. I did have the L fitting in just like the pic but I also had it with out before and the ant was at the side but the same angle down. Do you thing the transmitter being so close to the gimbal wiring is affecting it? I normally fly at 30m high to clear the trees around me however I took it to 60m to see... no deal 600m done! I will now switch back to channel 1 to see and update when done...Thanks

landmannnn said:
I can't quite see, but have you got the four leaf on the remote and three leaf on phantom?
The Bird has a five leaf and the transmitter has a 4 leaf, they are from fpvlr and that's the way they said to put them.
I have a update, today I decided to move the FPV transmitter to the tail away from the gimbal, I did leave the 90 of the transmitter in place as seen in the pics.
Ok so I took the Phantom out side and got the sats ect.. then it hit me to try a different channel, so I tuned over to A1 and that freq. is 5865, now my transmitter is tuned to 5860 and the book for my LCD 5802 says that Channel D7 is 5860! Here's the good part, I flew OVER 1000m today and could have kept going.. so with the channel on my LCD tuned to5865 it went further! Figure that out...So now I ask my self, is it because I moved the transmitter or is it the channel? I will find out tomorrow as I ran out of day light today.. the bottom line is I got a 1000meters woohoo..I did have to climb up to 100m plus in one direction to keep line of sight, but the other way it was fine at the height of 30m..

On the box that my LCD 5802 came in it shows Channel A1 is freq. 5865. Channel A7 is 5745. So, Are you set at A1 or A7?

I've been able to get out 900+ Meters with my setup (ImmersionRC 600 MW and an LCD 5802, with FPVLR antennas) but the signal is not Crystal Clear like some report at over 1 km. The signal breaks up. This is when the Phantom is moving away from me with the antenna pointing out the back. I keep adjusting the direction of the Helix antenna to keep it pointed at the quad but I can never get a nice clear signal when I'm out that far. I have the tx mounted to the left of the battery. I'm going to try a different channel as you did to see if that helps.

KraigNC said:
On the box that my LCD 5802 came in it shows Channel A1 is freq. 5865. Channel A7 is 5745. So, Are you set at A1 or A7?

I've been able to get out 900+ Meters with my setup (ImmersionRC 600 MW and an LCD 5802, with FPVLR antennas) but the signal is not Crystal Clear like some report at over 1 km. The signal breaks up. This is when the Phantom is moving away from me with the antenna pointing out the back. I keep adjusting the direction of the Helix antenna to keep it pointed at the quad but I can never get a nice clear signal when I'm out that far. I have the tx mounted to the left of the battery. I'm going to try a different channel as you did to see if that helps.
You are correct, sorry for the confusion, It is A1, I edited my other post. I'm curious as to what channel you are getting 900m with and what channel your transmitter is set to, Thanks

KraigNC said:
I am currently using D7 5860. I am going to try A1 this morning to see if that provides a more solid signal.
Good deal, let us know what you find, I'd like to go further myself however as I stated before I am in a subdivision with lots of wifi and RF noise so Idk if I can in here, im gonna take it to the beach this summer and see how far it will take me over water.. :eek:

The antenna on my transmitter is pointing down. Sorry, I wasn't clear about that in my earlier post. Here is a picture.

Attachments

• Transmitter picture.JPG
    Transmitter picture.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 492
Hi all, well its a whole 14 deg. outside but the continued testing got the better of me, so off I went! If you were to look at the previous pics I posted you can see how close to the gimbal I have my receiver, when I got out to 1000meters It was after I moved it forward and also changed the channel from D7 to A1. Today the first test I did was to move it back to the spot close to the gimbal and fly-result was flickering and snow around 300m just a bad signal all around, I also changed the channels on the receiver too, nothing helped.
I then moved the transmitter all the way to the back of the Phantom and removed the L connector so the antenna was going out of the side and down, retested and I got to tell you I flew it out 1600 meters! I was like a frozen kid in a candy store, lol I did test the channels at that range and I can say it is better on channel A1 than D7 I don't know why but it just works better for my set up. I have posted pics of what the phantom looks like now.. Thanks for all the help and replies I hope this can help others..

Attachments

• 20150222_182638.jpg
    20150222_182638.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 375
  • Phantom.jpg
    Phantom.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 393

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members