FPV booster app

Reaction score
Has anyone had good experience with booster app? I just bought one but have not used it. I am interested in the one that records the flight data and boosts. I might buy that one instead. Rain predicted all wk so may not be up for several days.

Re: FPV booster app

I bought both. First I got the one that doesn't come with the data logger as I didn't research properly and know there was another app :(
I don't do long range but I could see using a wifi analyzer the signal was stronger.
The dev told me the dbm it was set but I can't remember exactly... You also can't change any of the settings with this app.
The app apparently does some other stuff but there is a debate going on in regards to that in his thread...........

Then I bought the one with the data logger.. It lets you set the dbm higher than the first app (I remember that much) and includes the data logging which is very very cool.. That alone is worth the $12. It also lets you enable encryption on the link to stop other people joining, but you need to research that properly as there are some negatives.
I finally got 'iwconfig' installed and working just to double check the app was working properly for me, and the dbm did change on both the camera and extender, as expected.

The first app is fine, but I would get the second app with the logging. Having the data logging makes the videos so much more interesting and you can use it to troubleshoot and just check... stuff.. :]

I have uninstalled the first app and just use the other one now.. The first app doesn't work anymore anuyways if you use the other one (it detects something is different); however you can revert back to "stock" and use the first app if you want to for some reason.

Go the one with data logging you won't regret it :)

justin00 said:
I bought both. First I got the one that doesn't come with the data logger as I didn't research properly and know there was another app :(
I don't do long range but I could see using a wifi analyzer the signal was stronger.
The dev told me the dbm it was set but I can't remember exactly... You also can't change any of the settings with this app.
The app apparently does some other stuff but there is a debate going on in regards to that in his thread...........

Then I bought the one with the data logger.. It lets you set the dbm higher than the first app (I remember that much) and includes the data logging which is very very cool.. That alone is worth the $12. It also lets you enable encryption on the link to stop other people joining, but you need to research that properly as there are some negatives.
I finally got 'iwconfig' installed and working just to double check the app was working properly for me, and the dbm did change on both the camera and extender, as expected.

The first app is fine, but I would get the second app with the logging. Having the data logging makes the videos so much more interesting and you can use it to troubleshoot and just check... stuff.. :]

I have uninstalled the first app and just use the other one now.. The first app doesn't work anymore anuyways if you use the other one (it detects something is different); however you can revert back to "stock" and use the first app if you want to for some reason.

what is the exact name, can you provide a link please? thanks

justin00 said:

how do you revert back? thank you, your posts are quite informative

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik