FPV and video rec with the Black Pearl

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking on a fpv for my drone and I was also looking to be able to use the monitor also with my Nikon camera when I do video. I saw that the Black Pearl have an HDMI in...did anyone try it to use with a camera?

Going back to the fpv I found this kit is that good?
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Flysi ... lack+pearl

Any suggestions on a better monitor for my needs? Thanks

Kiko said:
Hi I'm looking on a fpv for my drone and I was also looking to be able to use the monitor also with my Nikon camera when I do video. I saw that the Black Pearl have an HDMI in...did anyone try it to use with a camera?

Going back to the fpv I found this kit is that good?
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Flysi ... lack+pearl

Any suggestions on a better monitor for my needs? Thanks

I have the Black Pearl and can confirm it accepts any source that can send a proper HDMI signal (haven't tried a camera but have tried a tablet, a tv , a laptop and a bluray player).

Thanks for the answer.
Is there anyone that did try it? I ask because if I use a normal computer monitor is working but not on my laptop so I want to be sure before to buy it.

And what do you think about that kit I put? Is that all I need for my phantom?

Kit has everything if you want the DJI plug and play solution, no soldering. Price seems OK too but you might want to shop around to see if you can get the individual components cheaper than that bundle price - it converts about right from GBP but USD prices are often better than the straight conversion, especially if there's a supplier having a sale, etc.

Thanks again!!!
I watched your videos and they help me out ;-)

You mentioned the plug and play solution (no soldering) I was just looking for videos online to how to install everything and I could not find that exact kit.

Price wise I think for now is the best option for me I live in the country and the best place for me is to buy online.

Pull_Up said:
Kit has everything if you want the DJI plug and play solution, no soldering. Price seems OK too but you might want to shop around to see if you can get the individual components cheaper than that bundle price - it converts about right from GBP but USD prices are often better than the straight conversion, especially if there's a supplier having a sale, etc.

I spent few hours online and the only thing I got for sure is a headache :D I'm so confused about that kit...fist, you said no soldering but I need to do that or how can I connect the iosdmini to the cables? Then the monitor have a battery and antennas so why I need an other receiver? Don't I just need the TX to connect to the iosdmini?

Have a look at my video about my P2 setup. I have exactly the same as you want in this meet except I have an iOSD mark 2, not mini. The DJI FPV hub (which is included in the kit you found) has all the cables required to attach everything to the phantom and to whichever zenmuse gimbal/GoPro combination you have. The setup you see in my video will work the same for you. You don't need the receiver that comes with the AVL58 as the black pearl has built in receivers, but the AVL58 comes as a package - keep the receiver in your spares bin, you never know when you might need it! If you want to save money then get a non-DJI video tx only... But you will have to solder it onto the special cable that comes with the FPV hub. Hope that helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20