FPV & Aeroxcraft Gimbal

Reaction score
I've just fitted my new AeroXCraft gimbal to my Phantom, and it works flawlessly (well - haven't tried it in flight yet, but just moving it around in my hand, the camera stays eerily still)

Problem I have now is that I had to remove my FPV transmitter to make room for the gimbal mounting board - and that takes up so much room that I now have nowhere to put the FPV transmitter.

Anyone else running an AeroXCraft with FPV? Where have you mounted the TX?

I am seriously considering getting one of these gimbals myself at the moment as, touch wood, they seem an excellent solution (especially for me as they are UK based).

If I do get one I will be designing a version of my Shapeways FPV Undertray for it (with TX holder built in) for **** sure! I can see that it is a problem with gimbals in general due to the Phantoms air frame. Safe to say a fair few people have emailed me asking for a version that fits around/with a Gimbal... problem is I can't design one unless I actually can get my hands on one for measurements/testing.

In the short term i'd suggest you look at an old post of mine: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=968 - This was got me into designing the shapeways part but it worked really well for me. Basically cutting up a sandwhich box and using spacers to mount it... crude but affective!

I look forward to it, Dewey - I came *this* close to buying one of your undertrays before I realised that the AeroXCraft wouldn't fit around it.

Could you loan one from AeroXCraft perhaps to develop the tray? If you were a bit closer to me (I'm in Shropshire) I'd have happily loaned you mine so you could work something up!

Yeah I would love to find a shop willing to loan me an AeroXcraft and a Zenmuse for that purpose but I think its unlikely sadly (especially given the current demand). If I buy one it will be direct from AeroXcraft so might ask them on the hope I could throw some business their way... I know if they lend it to me I know i'll just end up buying it anyway! :lol:

If I can keep the sales up on the other kit I might just plow the money back in. Problem is which do i want more... a gimbal or a T8J so i can increase range and start flying other craft! :twisted:
I'll send you a PM with an idea I have in mind....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie