FPV 2.4G Setup

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am new to the phantom series, i have a FC40 for several months now... just loving it!
But the WIFI video is a bit crappy to get long FPV range (even i have a 14dbi extender).

I have a SJ4000 cam (the GOPRO clone!), the questions is:

- Does someone have experience with the SJ4000 cam on a gimbal? (size / weight is a little bit different then the gopro)
- My aim is to fly FPV long distance, what kind of 2.4G RX/TX do you guys recommend?

Thanks a lot!:)

Hi Joi,

Thanks a lot!

Please let me know your feedback about the Boscam 2.4g, can't wait to get some decent FPV range :)

Exactly the same setup I have considered!

However, yet to figure out:

-how to connect SJ4000 to transmitter
-how to connect receiver to ipad/android device
-which application to use to control video/photo

Walkera´s ilook combo looks good as well, but it uses 5.8ghz. Do not wanna risk losing the control

http://www.banggood.com/Walkera-FPV-ILo ... 33411.html

vialho said:
-how to connect SJ4000 to transmitter
-how to connect receiver to ipad/android device
-which application to use to control video/photo

-Probably can't (I haven't seen it done successfully)
-Can't
-Can't

The ipad/android interface for FPV and Phantom control will only work with the proprietary setup DJI put on the P2V/P2V+

niro said:
I am pretty sure you can use the SJ4000 to connect to the transmitter, you need the usb-out with the following cable.
(The guys here tell me its no problem).

http://www.taobao.com/view_image.ph...13115121&shopId=33607055&sellerRate=2603&fv=9

For the rest i am planning on using just a stand alone screen.

Did you get this to work? I used the cable from Banggood, connected green to green, white to white and black to black in the transmitter cable. Not yet able to see video

Depends which version of the sj4000 you have. Mine was bought in May so it didn't work. Supposedly it is possible with the newer sj4000 and updated software. Regardless you would have to modify the physical mounting to the gimbal and the buttons get in the way. Better off picking up a go pro white as it's quite a bit of a headache.

Ohary said:
Depends which version of the sj4000 you have. Mine was bought in May so it didn't work. Supposedly it is possible with the newer sj4000 and updated software. Regardless you would have to modify the physical mounting to the gimbal and the buttons get in the way. Better off picking up a go pro white as it's quite a bit of a headache.

Heh, I like challenges ;) Mine is from August (wifi version) so should be the newest sw

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.