FPS view in DJI Go app while flying can barely update

Reaction score
New Phantom 4, with a gen 1 ipad mini connected. Everything flies and performs well, except the real time video feed is abysmal. Significant tearing, blank spaces, etc. Can't seem to keep up. Everything is up to date with firmware, iOS and app versions.

Thoughts?

New Phantom 4, with a gen 1 ipad mini connected. Everything flies and performs well, except the real time video feed is abysmal. Significant tearing, blank spaces, etc. Can't seem to keep up. Everything is up to date with firmware, iOS and app versions.

Thoughts?

How far out before you start seeing issues? You can try windsurfers, that helped me a lot. You probably have a lot of interference where you are flying.

I had issues with the ipadmini as well. I switched and used my iPhone 6plus and all issues were resolved. I think the processor in the mini doesn't have the power.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had issues with the ipadmini as well. I switched and used my iPhone 6plus and all issues were resolved. I think the processor in the mini doesn't have the power.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good point. What version of the Mini are you running? The DJI Go app takes a lot of power from the tablet.

The iPad Mini 1 is too slow to run DJI GO.

My daughter's iPad mini(probably the first generation or 2nd) is terrible as is my iPad 2nd or 3rd generation. However, my mini 4 cellular is wonderful.

Doh, well that's no fun. Guess its the iPhone 6 then. Thanks for the quick reply.
I purchase the 1st gen iPad mini. It opened the app, but that was it. DJI said it needed to be a mini 2 or higher. I exchanged it for a mini 3. works flawlessly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31