FOV between photos, video and live preview (question)

Reaction score
For the vision, it showed the full area of the sensor in the preview (which makes sense, it's 4:3 at 640X480). The vision+ seems to show the video view (like the image on page 43 of the manual, figure 56) there are bars top and bottom. The issue is, if framing pictures, this is off. Pictures are in [L] and capture top and bottom. Funny thing is, with the vision I had a thread on the opposite issue, where the preview showed everything but images captured the narrow FOV, that turned out to be a size settings issue not sticking. Checking to confirm video mode FOV has no effect, picture size, the preview for me always shows as small not filling the proper height (top and bottom of frame chopped off in preview, but captured in images).

How can I see the full frame for proper picture composition? Did they change this for V+ or am I missing something simple?! (most likely ;-)

Realized that could be confusing, what I am asking is how you can see the full FOV that large pictures capture to properly frame shots (rather than seeing the cropped view of what would be captured for video)?

Vision also had a full 960p video option which seems missing now, are these changes specific to the new app or is there another setting that controls this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20