Found Drone in MD - Looking for [email protected]

gab

Reaction score
All,

Looking to return a found Phantom drone to its owner. Lost in Kensington, MD while filming the Mormon Temple at night. Beautiful pics and video, including the video shot as the Phantom got away, flew through the neighborhood and landed in my backyard. The owner posted the attached flyer, but the email address doesn't seem right.

I posted on Craigslist in the found section that I found the drone, and also put up a flyer above that one saying to call me with a phone number. Anyone know of anyone with a Phantom Vision 2+ in suburban Maryland near Washington DC that lost a drone filming the Mormon Temple the past week?

Thanks for any helps or leads.

George

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    291 KB · Views: 815
Thank you for trying to return to its owner. Is the email invalid? Over quota, returned, etc? You would of thought they would of put a phone #.

Here i am!

I had a friend make the flyers for me and he put the wrong email address up

It's [email protected] but Dirk Lucas found me! Please call me at 240-460-5157. I live right off of Newport Mill Road

Thank you all for your help, I had almost given up hope.

Congrats, Glad you are getting your baby back & welcome to the forum.

droneman16,
keep the forum advised as to the total outcome of your quad being located by an honest person.

So I got the drone back! George (the guy whose backyard it landed in) is an awesome guy! He went through a lot of effort to try and locate me, which was made even more difficult due to mistakes on my part. It will take a little bit of work to get it flying again but it's 90% ok!

Thank you again to everyone who helped me find it and especially George and Dirk for making it happen. I will definitely be passing the good deed forward.

Oh and in case you're wondering, the tracker has been ordered and my phone number is now on the drone LOL

What a cool thread! And what a nice person to take the time and energy to locate the owner!

Glad I could help. They are incredible and the pictures/videos were amazing. Now I need to look in the Classifieds for one...

George

What was the cause of your bird going down? I'm in Maryland also and I may be able to learn from your mistake? Interference?

How about having a downloadable template on the forum for a "Phantom Pilots" contact details sticker? Boxes to fill out details and a "if all else fails post on the forum where the owner is a member".

Thats awesome. Im very happy we still have honest people in the world who would go thru great efforts to return someones lost property. Thats what the holiday spirit is all about!

You two are both off to the start of a great year!

now, put your name and phone number on your Phantom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers