Found a Phantom

You could go back to the place you found it and put up flyers that say you found a lost phantom. If someone calls about it, make them identify the quad if it has any special markings on it. You could probably post about it on craigslist as well.

There's a website for exactly this purpose, but I can't remember it off the top of my head. Try Googling it.

Nice of you to try to find the owner! I live in central Florida but my Phantom is safe and sound :) I have seen people post on Craig's list trying to find the owner.

Thanks again for helping out!

Like others have said, go to Craig List, but more specifally go to Craigs List "lost and Found" section and search dji or copter. It is amazing how many people are searching for their lost aircraft.

Post an ad on Craigslist lost and found, review the SD card on the GoPro if equipped, post flyers at the area with apx. 3 KM radius, if you do all of that work you should be expected to be rewarded and/or compensated for your time like $100 bucks minimum or so...

hm... let say you have no distinct marking on your phantom.. how do you prove or show that that phantom belong to you?
anyone?

hellhole said:
hm... let say you have no distinct marking on your phantom.. how do you prove or show that that phantom belong to you?
anyone?

You can start by identifying which type of Phantom it is. If it's a Phantom 1, you could further identify it by the color or brand of the battery. Few People have a bare white Phantom. I have scuffs on my Phantoms that would help me identify them. If you have an SD card, you could describe the area that would be on the film. It would be a challenge, but I think possible to prove why it is yours.

One of mine has a very distinct custom paint job, very easy to ID. But both have my contact info on belly labels.

Try posting it on the site from this article. http://dronegarage.org/2015/01/17/lost-and-found-at-rcflyaways-com/

Hellhole: The owner could prove its theirs by turning on their radio controller and the "lost" phantom. If the controller is paired it's theirs... it would be statistically unlikely that a random radio could control a random phantom. Especially since there's a binding process.

Apologies for off topic

To Phenom3030
My all time fav aircraft:

The Embraer Phenom

Phenom-300-Light-Business_Jet.jpg

Narrator said:
Apologies for off topic

To Phenom3030
My all time fav aircraft:

The Embraer Phenom

Phenom-300-Light-Business_Jet.jpg

Lol. Nice! I'm going to have to read up on that one. :D

phenom3030 said:
Try posting it on the site from this article. http://dronegarage.org/2015/01/17/lost-and-found-at-rcflyaways-com/

Hellhole: The owner could prove its theirs by turning on their radio controller and the "lost" phantom. If the controller is paired it's theirs... it would be statistically unlikely that a random radio could control a random phantom. Especially since there's a binding process.

The receiver is a great idea. Only thing is for a p1... It's easy to reset it... Hahahaj

But I think that is a good idea. I wonder if we can record some serial number or something .... Have not taken a good look at my drone yet.

I guess it's time to dress it up

jshishilla said:
Where could I go to look for the owner? Found in Central Florida.

Thank you so much for your time trying to locate the owner.

hellhole said:
phenom3030 said:

The receiver is a great idea. Only thing is for a p1... It's easy to reset it... Hahahaj

But I think that is a good idea. I wonder if we can record some serial number or something .... Have not taken a good look at my drone yet.

I guess it's time to dress it up

I agree with the pairing idea, but it only works if the phantom is serviceable, if it isn't it doesn't help. perhaps we should all put a folder on our micro SD cards with or name address and phone number on and perhaps a photo or facebook account details. also a sticker on the outside of the drone with contact details too would be a usefull must do.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie