Forward looking image sensors

Reaction score
Hey guys, just an FYI, I was just cleaning my baby, like I do after every flight with some great Wax (spray bottle, smells like chewing gum, sweet smell, I love it, anyway)
In Texas here we have some bugs, which she picks up, not bad, that's why I was surprised when I noticed a mosquito in the lens. I was being so careful because I was thinking it was like the sound sensors with a screen, it's not, a nice hard lens. So I grabbed my M.U.T. Leatherman and delicately pulled it out, not wanting to smear and push the guys into the crevices. I then cleaned all the camera lenses ( X4) and even blew out the sensors. Here too I'd be careful and not put #100psi to them, sensitive devices these are.

So just, yeah, double check those babies guys, this one for sure coulda maybe given me problems. It wasn't huge, and don't know when I picked it up, maybe I'll do a calibration now just to be sure.
I'm also not having altitude drop anymore at all, **** thing is stabile, static almost. Got 21 minutes today with about 19% battery left. Did use atti for practice, I thought atti still used the vision system but didn't look like it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey guys, just an FYI, I was just cleaning my baby, like I do after every flight with some great Wax (spray bottle, smells like chewing gum, sweet smell, I love it, anyway)
In Texas here we have some bugs, which she picks up, not bad, that's why I was surprised when I noticed a mosquito in the lens. I was being so careful because I was thinking it was like the sound sensors with a screen, it's not, a nice hard lens. So I grabbed my M.U.T. Leatherman and delicately pulled it out, not wanting to smear and push the guys into the crevices. I then cleaned all the camera lenses ( X4) and even blew out the sensors. Here too I'd be careful and not put #100psi to them, sensitive devices these are.

So just, yeah, double check those babies guys, this one for sure coulda maybe given me problems. It wasn't huge, and don't know when I picked it up, maybe I'll do a calibration now just to be sure.
I'm also not having altitude drop anymore at all, **** thing is stabile, static almost. Got 21 minutes today with about 19% battery left. Did use atti for practice, I thought atti still used the vision system but didn't look like it.

I'm pretty sure ATTI mode will put you into a "Sticks Only" mode. All autonomous flight features (GPS, VPS, Front Facing Cameras, etc.)are turned off.

LOL as for the bugs, My Syma sucked a big, juicy bug thru the props and it made an audible "THWP" on the body. Nasty. :nomouth:

Reactions: Sim597
I've been thinking about some lite wax to keep it as slick as possible and to protect it a little from bugs. After flying today, I just put the bird to the side so that I could upload the images and videos. After getting back to it, I can see a little bug strike here and there. What are you using?

I got this cool wax from Amazon, I'll post the name, I got it because I can't find my special plastic only wax made by one of the big ones.

Here's what happened, I guess your the only guys that'll here it though....
Today I went out, and as a side not, when the "home point has been recorded" and she states to check it on the map, I do now, after reading the stories of maybe home point wasn't right. Anyway, do that, and I have to feather between trees when I take her out in the backyard, I've done it enough, pretty good at it, well I take it up and out, and notice nothing! Then as I crest the treeline I glance down and see "atti mode has been selected"! Whoa! I moved the lever to the P right away, dang I said that was close. I cannot believe how well it handled, I didn't even realize, in hindsight I did make adjustments going up, but had been practicing in atti quite a bit lately, thus the reason it was over the atti mode. I thought we couldn't take off unless in P, I thought I read that before?

Ok now to what happened along this thread. I took her out, but was periodically getting false positives from the AO sensors and showing up at various distances, of course nothing close either, but after the "incident" with the bug, this was going on. So I cut the flight short to bring her in. Now I'm back over the "sweet" spot to bring her in, the AO alarm starts going off, and the bird won't mover horizontally at all, we both know the AO stops and even slows down the craft right? I'm sure you've played with it, so u know what I mean. But I needed to back up to bring it down, this went on for, maybe a solid 1.5 minutes, that's a long time to hover when not trying too! Finally I figured I still had lift, I did raise it before but was thinking, I've lost all control I don't want it too high. So I raised it another 20-25 feet, the AO calmed but was still reading a little, but I regained control. Finally I got it down directly after this. When I took it right to the lit up counter, sure enough, not really visible I had down exactly what I tried to avoid, there was still a lot of "guts" or legs or something left in the crevice!! Yeah, The only way, I almost took pictures to even see this was to like, wipe from in to out, because the tip of a knife wasn't really working, plus don't want to scratch the lens, so I kept that up, just basically wiping it hard from the inside edge, to outside the concave "hole" the lens sits in. Oh, and it took long enough for me to finally be like "this is officially an issue now" it was so hard to wipe out in this way, and being in front, I bet the rare time I had put her in sport was when I picked this guy up. I used windex tissues and kept wiping up and out tiny black smudges, that I think we're bug guts. This hopefully explains the reason they acted up, stay vigilant guys. I'll get that wax name if you want it. I had really looked at a bunch and made decision on bang for buck.

I'm pretty sure ATTI mode will put you into a "Sticks Only" mode. All autonomous flight features (GPS, VPS, Front Facing Cameras, etc.)are turned off.

LOL as for the bugs, My Syma sucked a big, juicy bug thru the props and it made an audible "THWP" on the body. Nasty. :nomouth:

Your right, leaving it in P indoors is what we are supposed to do for the vision system.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj