Forward and Reverse obstacle avoidance failure

Reaction score
I am not too concerned, but was wondering if others experience this. I recently had my P4PP replaced by DJI and the controller repaired to enable wifi connections. Prior to those fixes I flew the craft new, out of the box, for two weeks and never saw any warnings. Now I see various warnings constantly.

The one that bothers me is new from last night. I got Red Banner warnings that both forward, followed by backward avoidance sensors failed. It was weird as I actually demonstrated the avoidance system without warnings several times for onlookers, then I got the failure errors at 200 ft up in an open area. I brought it down and tested by flying toward me. The avoidance system did not work.

So just curious to know if this is something others experience. I have not flown it / or restarted it again since. Just busy. Thanks.

The one that bothers me is new from last night. I got Red Banner warnings that both forward, followed by backward avoidance sensors failed. ...
I brought it down and tested by flying toward me. The avoidance system did not work.
It's not clear from what you wrote whether you had a hardware problem or just found one of the limitations of the obstacle avoidance system.
You mention it was at night so it could be that poor lighting was the problem.
If so, try again in daylight and see if that makes any difference.

Here's a list of things that can make trouble for the OA system:
i-DGwNx9K-L.jpg

Reactions: Shammyh

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj