Form for registering my drone

If you're referring to the FAA UAS registration, then head over here.

I thought there was a way to register using old-fashioned paper & stamps.

You can register by paper. See more details here.

I may be mistaken but the paper registration requires an "N" number for non recreational use of a sUA. From the FAA FAQ page.

Q9. Does the FAA have two different registration systems? If so, why?

Yes, there are two systems. The online system is currently only required for UAS used for hobby or recreational purposes. This new registration process is quick and easy and provides the registrant with a registration certificate immediately. The paper-based system is for manned aircraft and unmanned aircraft that are not solely used for non-hobby or recreational purposes or weigh more than 55 lbs. This process takes much longer to complete and the $5 registration fee is non-refundable. The FAA will transition the paper-based system to a web-based tool later in 2016.

I may be mistaken but the paper registration requires an "N" number for non recreational use of a sUA.
Right -- which is why the FAA is recommending people use the online registration form to register. An N-number will also be needed for recreational use if using the paper process. I guess some people still like to do it the hard way though :)

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik