Forgotten How to Set New Home Point

Reaction score
Can someone refresh my memory as to how to "manually" set a new home point when the Phantom is airborne?

Sometimes I can wait for ages for the minimum of 7 satellites before take off only to find that as soon as it gets in the air the number of satellites increase quite a lot sometimes.

My plan is that if it's taking too long to get 7 then I could take off and get 20-30ft in the air and then when it locks onto more satellites I can set a home point then. I know it's an "in the air" homepoint but if I need to use it by that time I'll have resumed control well before it gets there.

TIA Steve

The Phantom manual is a good source of information too.

S2 is used to record a Home point manually. After a Home point has been recorded automatically, flipping the S2 from position 1 (top) to position 3 (bottom) and back 5 times (or more) rapidly will move the Home point to the Phantom's current location.

Last edited:
On the older firmwares (2.0 and less), resetting was a lot easier.
I have troubles with the new (3.0 and greater) as it takes me about half a dozen attempts.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

I know that NAZA with IOC enabled, on S2:
position from top to mid x 5 and rapid greens = new course direction (the nose is the new fwd for IOC course lock)..
position from mid to bottom x 5 and rapid greens = new home position.

I don't do it that often since it waste my flight time. I usually enable the GPS on my phone and then enable dynamic home point and wait for the green ring around my radar.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31