Forgot my memory card!

Reaction score
Hi all,

Don't know if anyone else has done this but what do you think:( total plonker....

I drove 2 hours to a remote spot to get some great pics I was getting paid from my company, well travel expenses for my fuel which was ok:)

Fired up my phantom, started flying around to get the best photo, wow that would beeeee a great picture ;) pressed the button on my FPV screen & got a error message saying "no memory card installed"......................................................................................................l:confused:

Yes you guessed it, left the bloody thing at home:eek::eek:

Total knob head! 2 hour drive for nothing. Didn't tell a sole what I'd done, toooooooo embarrassed:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Has anyone else done this?

Reactions: SilverStone641
I have yet to forget a memory card, but there was one time where we drove 2 hours outta town for a family bbq and I was all excited to show off my new FPV system. Popped open my travel case, unpacked everything and realized.....I had forgotten all my props. :mad: I was only able to show off what it WOULD have looked like flying. Needless to say, several pairs of props are now safely tucked away in my travel case! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Clampit
As long as you don't leave home, without your pants on...

It's all good... ;-)

No one got arrested, for forgetting the Phantom props or memory cards...
But try leaving home with no drawers... ;-)
Bet you don't forget a second time...

RedHotPoker

Was elated the other day as the weather turned nice. Grabbed the Phanton got in car and drove to the park. Ops..... Forgot my wife wanted to go too. Now that was bad, so was supper!

I carry a 4GB card in my case for just such contingencies.

I have yet to forget a memory card, but there was one time where we drove 2 hours outta town for a family bbq and I was all excited to show off my new FPV system. Popped open my travel case, unpacked everything and realized.....I had forgotten all my props. :mad: I was only able to show off what it WOULD have looked like flying. Needless to say, several pairs of props are now safely tucked away in my travel case! :rolleyes:

Brilliant silverstone.....
I thought it was only me;) blimey no props, lol:D:D:D well at leased I could flyyyyyyyy.......:p

Yep I went out last weekend & bought myself another memory card, one in my phantom & one in the case just in case......... See what I done there:p

As long as you don't leave home, without your pants on...

It's all good... ;-)

No one got arrested, for forgetting the Phantom props or memory cards...
But try leaving home with no drawers... ;-)
Bet you don't forget a second time...

RedHotPoker

Only time I've almost done that was just as I was going to work, just had a shower, got changed, kissed the wife goodbye then she said ain't you forgot something..... What I said thinking I'd done something wrong, look down she said! Yep no pants on:D:D must be my age thing:D:D

Was elated the other day as the weather turned nice. Grabbed the Phanton got in car and drove to the park. Ops..... Forgot my wife wanted to go too. Now that was bad, so was supper!

Can't stop laughing:D:D

Cor bet you were in the doghouse;);)

Hahaha, that could have been a Fatal error...

Remember Mrs.John Bobbitt? She hacked it off with a butcher knife...

Lest we forget!!

RedHotPoker

I've done it a few times myself but I just take the sd card out of either my phone or tablet instead

It's usually still stuck in the PC.
Get a bit of sticky tape and tape the spare card to the back of the controller.

Hahaha, that could have been a Fatal error...

Remember Mrs.John Bobbitt? She hacked it off with a butcher knife...

Lest we forget!!

RedHotPoker

I was a kid and I remember hearing it on the radio on the way to school.
They played this all day

Reactions: RedHotPoker
Fyod,
Yikes, what a wonderful way for you, to remember that awful incident.
Hopefully, no one here, will ever... Well you know,
Forget the wife at home, and just go flying... ;-)

RedHotPoker

I learned the hard way just like you did.
Now I have a piece of red ribbon in my Phantom Case.
When I remove the SD card from the GoPro, I tie the ribbon to the handle.
I don't remove the ribbon till the SD card is back inside the GoPro on the Phantom.
Go to grab the case, and the red ribbon is an immediate alert.

Yep when I got home it was in the card reader on my desk.... No good there;)

Spare card in my phantom case now;);) not going through beating my self up where I was.. If anyone was about they must have thought I was nuts watching me:D:D flapping arms, kicking things.........

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20