Forced - Happy Landing - Why Was I Not Able To Cancel Auto Landing?

paf flight switch...? Not trying to cancel rth- trying to cancel auto land at critically low battery level.

Be happy it lands, other wise the motors stop and it doesn't engage auto rotation.
Perhaps inverted autorotation will occur instead though. Hahaha
Those are much more difficult landings to accomplish. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I believe my first warning is at 20% -changes when out at distance. I've noticed the app factors in distance for return travel and warns earlier, seemingly to compensate for the power needed. Smart batteries have integrated protection.

Mark

they do have integrated protection

however they cant protect from an operator running then to hard or to long
your picture is perfect example.
if you want to keep your phantom do not fly past 30 % or so , the battery levels are not that consistant after some use to trust to those low levels, my opinion anyhow.

is a 18 minute flight that much more fun that 14 minutes?

Reactions: Jbundy63
My post in regards to auto land and how it used to be available to cancel out of that function. I've reiterated that several times. I'm not asking for advice In regards to the health of my battery.

Mark.

I would like to know if anyone else is able to cancel out of auto/force landing.

Thanks,
Mark.

Raise the throttle to max in such cases. P3 will start hovering. Take control then.

Tried that to some degree. I was able to gain altitude with raising the throttle. Hard to manage though as the bird wants to land. Don't think I tried max throttle though...

Mark.

Raise the throttle to max in such cases. P3 will start hovering. Take control then.
After you gain control and the battery goes to zero because you maxed the throttle-- then gravity will have control.
to quote from above "if you want to keep your phantom do not fly past 30 % or so"

That is a pretty simple suggestion that works every time. :D

Reactions: Jbundy63
I appreciate Alokbhargave response as it was directly related to my post/question.

I did not post in regards to my battery, or others opinion regarding at what percentage of battery I should have remaining when I land.

Please note; I already stated it is not my normal practice to fly at critical battery levels.

Thanks,
Mark.

I would like to know if anyone else is able to cancel out of auto/force landing.

Thanks,
Mark.
The auto/force landing at 10% is new, and it cannot now be cancelled, unlike RTH. It can only be delayed while applying full up throttle, to give you an opportunity to navigate with the right stick to a safer location. While delaying it with full throttle, I do not believe you can ascend. You can only prevent further descent. I don't like it either! If you are flying over water or from a pier or from a deck overlooking a grove of trees, it can spell disaster! Maintain full up throttle until you are over where you want to land, and as soon as you let go, it will land by itself! The lowest you can now set the Low Battery Warning is 15%, but at 20% the green rear lights will still turn to red. The Critically Low Battery Warning also can no longer be set below 10%, which is what is now forcing the autoland at 10%. Hope this helps! :cool:

Thanks for the info. Glad I don't have a bug, sad I have lost some controls.

I too am of the opinion that having lost that feature could spell disaster. I wonder if notifying Dji would do any good...

Thanks,
Mark.

Did a bit of testing today. You can ascend. Not with the normal veracity as normal, but seemingly without a limit. While holding full throttle up, I was able to maneuver where I wanted. Didn't seem to drain the battery at any different of a rate as normal.

Still wish I could just simply cancel out of auto/forced landing as I was able to before. [emoji34]

Mark.

Did a bit of testing today. You can ascend. Not with the normal veracity as normal, but seemingly without a limit. While holding full throttle up, I was able to maneuver where I wanted. Didn't seem to drain the battery at any different of a rate as normal.

Still wish I could just simply cancel out of auto/forced landing as I was able to before. [emoji34]

Mark.
Thanks for your testing. Your information may save many drones! :D Glad to know we can still ascend, albeit less aggressively than normal, under forced Autoland, after reaching 10% remaining battery. I'd rather risk killing a battery, than guaranteeing the loss of the entire aircraft and the battery, while I am trying to safely land back on the end of a 1,000 foot long pier, over the ocean, in an emergency, in high winds! Without some ascension capabilty to keep it above the pier surface, it otherwise Autolands into the ocean, if over the edge of the pier, in high winds, already below the pier surface! :eek: It only happened once, and I was lucky, but now I have another tool in my tool chest of emergency recovery methods! Thank you! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers