For those with 'bricked / damaged" P3S, where repair is uneconomic

Reaction score
OK .. because economic repair of my 'submarine' version of the Standard is nigh impossible ...

I am looking at using the basic platform to fit Flight Controller and ESC's ... to create an own machine without all the gizmos.

A 'fun machine' in effect.

The motors and shell are good to go ... so all it needs is that FC / ESC's / 2.4Ghz normal Rx ... and she should fly.

I may sling a simple gimbal / camera under - depends on how successful the swap over is.

It may even cross the acceptable line to become an FPV machine .. something that the DJI setup is poor at.

If I do it .. then there will be a new thread dedicated to it ...

Cheers
Nigel

Or you could sling an appropriate camera under the ongoing behemoth Lancaster you are building and make all of us look amateurish? Probably crash the forum...

Been posted before I know but couldn't find the link- KISS phantom. It is fully sick!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Been posted before I know but couldn't find the link- KISS phantom. It is fully sick!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
We'll I've never seen anything that insane before, can't wait to see the next 'my drone fell out of the sky' post when you are seeing what some folk are doing out there. My wife asked me if I can do that with mine...apparently my answer wasn't good enough.

We'll I've never seen anything that insane before, can't wait to see the next 'my drone fell out of the sky' post when you are seeing what some folk are doing out there. My wife asked me if I can do that with mine...apparently my answer wasn't good enough.
His YouTube channel is worth checking out- very good piloting skills....

My idea is to improve my FPV skill set before moving onto other things like my Tiger Moth.

The P3S is sitting there and seems a shame not to do something with it. I'm not looking to create a racer out of it ...

Given the price of likely bits to make it work as a P3S again ... I can spend a lot less money producing a moderate machine ..

Pal of mine is heavily into FPV - so he has already been advising on bits etc. He's also a Phantom owner.

Nigel

Proposed :

5.8Ghz Tx with pan / tilt camera without gimbal (gimbal is deadly for FPV !!) - better to have camera give you exactly what attitude AC is in !

Gimbal and HD camera separate for on-board recording - based on the Action Camera style copies of GoPro

Integrated Flight Controller with regulated output for 2.4Ghz regular RC Rx ... with regular Tx - should give over 2km range (not that I intend to go further than usual RC model distance anyway).

GPS module with autonomous Waypoint, RTH and loiter capability.

The motors are all good - so will just need to have new ESC's as per FC above ...

The battery slot in the frame will have the connectors refitted and 'my' LiPo will use the old DJI battery case to secure in place.... without the DJI board ... balance lead will be available as usual from standard LiPo.

Once I have the list of goodies sorted and the installation done --- all will be posted up for anyone interested in similar.

"Bringing life back to a P3S"

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers