For those that might be considering an upgrade to their Phantom

Reaction score
For anyone that has held off on buying a P4 or might be wanting something "truly" different, DJI recently began discounting the Inspire 1 (version 2) orgiinally priced at $3099 is now only $1999. This is a totally different and incredible bird that I would highly recommend. I agree with many that the P4 isn't worth spending the extra $500-$700 over the current P3P pricing however, the I1 V2 by far is a steal at $2000.

I love my Inspire 1 too, but there are some cons that one should know before jumping in head first. For starters:
  • They are much larger than the Phantom
  • All of the accessories are more expensive (e.g. my case was $430)
  • The max fight time is 18 minutes (in the most ideal conditions)

Reactions: Meta4
I love my Inspire 1 too, but there are some cons that one should know before jumping in head first. For starters:
  • They are much larger than the Phantom
  • All of the accessories are more expensive (e.g. my case was $430)
  • The max fight time is 18 minutes (in the most ideal conditions)
Yes, I agree. Plus it's over twice the weight to backpack, almost impossible to bicycle with it on your back. Backpacks are too big to carry on a plane, so you have to check it in a hard case and carry on your batteries. And the 360 camera is only really helpful if you have a second person with a second remote to control the camera. If the camera isn't pointing straight ahead you can't see where you're flying via FPV, so you must fly LOS. So really the Inspire is a two man craft, you need a co-pilot, or co-cameraman to get the value out of the craft. All that said, I'm eagerly awaiting what i2 will offer. The Inspire is really what you need for commercial work, if that's your intention. It's a much more impressive craft, supporting a higher price for work and implying a higher level of professional expertise. Not to mention they just look bada$$.

Also, for this price you get the X3 camera which really isn't that much of an improvement on the P3P / P4 camera. The X5's are discounted but still expensive.

But it's the portability that does it for me - too many places you can't drive to.

The Inspire is definately too big to carry around however, having the Phantom as an extra is likely the best scenario. I considered the Typhoon H but it looks and feels cheap and is incredible limited with only offering wifi connectivity. The Inspires limited 15 minutes or so of flight time is plenty for me, I have 4 batteries and often fly all of them when venturing out. I've purchased new batteries for a little as $99.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20