For those studying for part 107 - Weather

Reaction score
Just wanted to share this resource I stumbled across when I first started studying for Part 107. This site provides METARs for a given Airport, and then breaks down each segment below it. It helped me a lot when I first started (the link is for a METAR for a local regional airport near me):

ADDS - METARS form results

Delete yours on the test or the same one in the reference booklet is anyone have a breakdown on the TAFs?

Delete yours on the test or the same one in the reference booklet is anyone have a breakdown on the TAFs?

What are you trying to say?

TAFS are esentially the same as METARs, except a TAF is a forecast, not just a report. A taf will show you predicted/projected weather for specific future time frames, as well as how long that forecast is good for.

All the TAF and METARS on the test reference a specific example.....the METAR is easy to read but the TAF has a lot of peculiar abbreviations...

I would pull up skyvector.com and get airport id's from different airports, and use them to study. It isn't hard to decipher once you've done several.

Also try the app: Avia Weather. It gives the weather for your selected airports and if you click on them you can choose between decoded and raw (the test format).

Also try the app: Avia Weather. It gives the weather for your selected airports and if you click on them you can choose between decoded and raw (the test format).

Thanks the little booklet has all the references I needed as far as decoding it.... Problem solving

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl