For smooth video and easy setup zen muse goPro or vision?

Reaction score
I already own a Vision, but I find the video jumpy and affected by winds and turns.i realize my flight technique is still in the newbie stage...but I even get wind problems in "hands off" flight. I shoot at 1080 60 fps I can smooth it out in AE. But I really would like to see the video too be more steady and smooth BUT(a big but), I want the simplicity of the Vision...I want the same flight capabilities as Vision. I do not plan to run the FPV on the GoPro so there is no chance of interference with the Vision when in simultaneous flight. If this has already been asked and answered please just drop a link. Plus I want to stay with the Phantom control system and not have to go with NAZA. Thank you, in advance, for your time and advice.

Re: For smooth video and easy setup zen muse goPro or vision

Zippy1144 said:
I already own a Vision, but I find the video jumpy and affected by winds and turns.i realize my flight technique is still in the newbie stage...but I even get wind problems in "hands off" flight. I shoot at 1080 60 fps I can smooth it out in AE. But I really would like to see the video too be more steady and smooth BUT(a big but), I want the simplicity of the Vision...I want the same flight capabilities as Vision. I do not plan to run the FPV on the GoPro so there is no chance of interference with the Vision when in simultaneous flight. If this has already been asked and answered please just drop a link. Plus I want to stay with the Phantom control system and not have to go with NAZA. Thank you, in advance, for your time and advice.

I think you have identified the trade-off between the two. Simplicity vs. better camera and 2d gimbal. I will say that once you get to know FPV and realize it's not so hard to set up or you get someone to set it up for you, that the benefit of the 2D gimbal and better camera are worth the extra effort. Both P2 and P2V have the same flight modes for Phantom and Naza.

Thank you for your rapid reply. I am heading over to YouTube to look at some video.

OK, I pulled the switch...I got the Phantom 2 with Zenmuse and goPro 3. I am still a little concerned about NAZA flying, since the manual states a kind of "for professional use only" for NAZA vs. Phantom flight. Do you still have satellite stability with NAZA? Can it return home with NAZA? I don't plan to use any FPV with the goPro...I plan to set it at the angle I want and let the gimbal keep it stable. At least the Phantom 2 comes with a wiring setup that eliminates soldering. I am not a mechanic, a great pilot....I just want better, stable video. I hope I've made a good decision.

NazaM mode has all the features of Phantom mode, but adds some other features, for example IOC (Intelligent Orientation Control).

Return Home works, and you can also program one of the switches to activate Return Home in NazaM mode.

Don't feel you need to change into NazaM mode....... just stick to Phantom mode.

I think you will be happy with the video quality from the zenmuse. I am always amazed when I review my footage (and I am far from being a good pilot)

I think you may miss the capability to view the camera feed that you have with the Vision. Adding FPV is pretty straight forward. There is a huge amount of great info on this forum for adding FPV

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers