For anyone thinking about buying the taller legs for P2

Reaction score
If you are thinking about buying this landing gear for your P2 or original phantom (because when you turn off the P2/gimble the camera hits the ground) :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251439498576?ss ... 1439.l2649

Here's something to think about .......even though the gear is taller (and does keep the camera from banging on the ground when you shut it off) you want to keep the compass on the same leg and in the close proximity of the original compass location (problem #1) because it wont clamp on that portion of the leg with the original clamp because the leg is too thick in that area so you need to file it down or use a dremmel. The cable seems to be long enough to reach the lower part of the leg (where the stock clamp will work) but then it's not the same distance from the naza and may cause some errors, you decide. Problem #2 and even more of a hassle for those with the P2. The 4 ribbon cable coming down the other leg where you would hook up your IOSD or other accessories is way too short! It doesn't matter where on the leg you put it....but the cable will limit your choice to only the fat portion of the leg (there is no slack inside to pull either)...so either you again chop out a portion of the leg to make it fit or you order a longer cable to allow it to reach the lower leg where the stock clamp will fit. Of course there is no mention of this when you purchase the landing gear for 29.95. Also if you watch the cool video...it says the legs are the same weight...in actuality the new gear is 8g heavier. All that said I would still recommend buying them...although there are addition issues if you want to carry your phantom in a case because now it is too tall to fit.

I bought them, installed them sans CAN hub (no use for me yet) and the thing loitered poorly. Switched back and all is good. The legs are a good idea but I bet they came out for P1 and now P2, maybe? We need taller legs that still allow us to use our case. We also need Ground Station anything. DJI Give us an update, New Years is over.

thetac said:
If you are thinking about buying this landing gear for your P2 or original phantom (because when you turn off the P2/gimble the camera hits the ground) :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251439498576?ss ... 1439.l2649

Here's something to think about .......even though the gear is taller (and does keep the camera from banging on the ground when you shut it off) you want to keep the compass on the same leg and in the close proximity of the original compass location (problem #1) because it wont clamp on that portion of the leg with the original clamp because the leg is too thick in that area so you need to file it down or use a dremmel. The cable seems to be long enough to reach the lower part of the leg (where the stock clamp will work) but then it's not the same distance from the naza and may cause some errors, you decide. Problem #2 and even more of a hassle for those with the P2. The 4 ribbon cable coming down the other leg where you would hook up your IOSD or other accessories is way too short! It doesn't matter where on the leg you put it....but the cable will limit your choice to only the fat portion of the leg (there is no slack inside to pull either)...so either you again chop out a portion of the leg to make it fit or you order a longer cable to allow it to reach the lower leg where the stock clamp will fit. Of course there is no mention of this when you purchase the landing gear for 29.95. Also if you watch the cool video...it says the legs are the same weight...in actuality the new gear is 8g heavier. All that said I would still recommend buying them...although there are addition issues if you want to carry your phantom in a case because now it is too tall to fit.
have you looked at the one's on e-bay item321313503599

Doesn't look cool at all. Big, heavy, and there are better ways to carry two batteries. And gimbal users still need to mess about with gear extenders.

OK my math isn't too good...17.50 vs 29.95= $20 less? BTW....29.95 = us buyer, 3 day delivery but whatever...17.50 from china...good luck with that...

I already have it, thank you. And I don't live in the US.

For me it would be USD 41 incl shipping, while from China it was USD 16.

You do the math.

sure i buy and sell on ebay....and i really didn't consider the outside US market....sorry you might get a better deal than us....and i agree with you the dual battery setup looks heavy...i don't think i would buy it but i think it is ingenious and innovative...i have dual batteries mounted externally now....with very little additional weight....i'll stay that way

And you happen to be the seller of this particular item you are promoting in this post?

No not at all....I just wanted people to know what I ran into when I installed the taller legs on my phantom 2......the cable issue (being too short) took me by surprise! The double battery landing gear someone else just added on.....personally I agree with you that it's too much weight...but i like the innovative thinking

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1