Follow Subject Tips

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm off to record some aerial footage of some mountain bikers at sunset and wanted to get some tips on the best methods to keep them in focus while flying a P3A? I have AutoPilot on my iPad but it will only follow the Remote Control and not the rider (as I'd be holding the RC while he rides!!)

Any tips from previous experience??

Thanks!

-Steve

It's complicated, but use the AirSpace feature in AutoPilot. You can put an Iphone in the pocket of the biker and it will focus on the rider through a cell connection to your ipad on the controller. It streams the biker's GPS coordinates, PLUS.... elevation information using the iPhone barometer. The Iphone and iPad need to be calibration together at the same elevation. It's a very powerful feature of AutoPilot. There's a video that was just released describing this feature.

Reactions: BigAl07
Very cool - I'll try it out! Thanks a bunch!

Didn't know auto pilot had that feature! Litchi also has it, called litchi leash...

Foaming at the mouth for vertical studio, I was a few days late at signing up for beta testing!

I have found that IOC aka headless mode aka course lock, makes focusing the camera on objects, while flying , easier...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers