Follow me

Reaction score
Does the p3 standard have a follow me mode?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes. Watch the DJI Introducing Phantom 3 Standard video on YouTube.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks. I actually was meaning to ask if the autopilot app supports the P3 standard now. Sorry

Thanks msinger. Very helpful video

How about the autopilot? I know it didn't initially support the standard.

Have any of you guys used follow me inside a car? I have been doing it, but the rc is mounted on the handlebars of my motorcycle, so I know its signal is gettings through. Just wondering. Was gonna try using it in my RV, like leaving the park I'm in, or a shot moving down a country road. Don't have any idea what the RV looks like moving, I'm always driving...LOL.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Watch the video above :)
Well, the only reference I saw in the video was a snip about if my gps signal is suffiently strong enough, I could set distance and alt limits from the pilot. But that really didn't tell me if it works ok from inside a moving vehicle, and I couldn't tell if the guy in the car had his window down and was hanging his rc out it. I know you aren't supposed to calibrate your compass even close to a car, and my app may or may not hookup here inside the RV, so I was just wondering if anyone had done follow me in a car. The video was fine, but didn't answer my question.

It'll work just fine if your mobile device has a good GPS connection and your remote controller remains connected to your Phantom.
Have you done it though? Its not like I can keep my eye on it when driving the motorhome. It flies fine when regular flying, and it works fine on the motorcycle, I just don't want to be "that guy" that crashed while trying to operate a motorhome while flying a drone at the same time.

Does anyone else have personal experience with follow me from a car?

No, it can be done. I just don't think it's safe to attempt while driving and you might not have enough time to reposition the remote controller if the signal is broken while you're focusing on the road (as you should be).
Thanks for that. I've left a trail of accidents from the east coast, through the Midwest, to texas. I wondered why that was. I just don't know how to drive this thing. Who woulda thought.

Haha... wow. That went south fast.

If your remote controller connection is lost for more than 3 seconds, your Phantom will automatically return to the home point. If you're driving and watching the road, there is a good chance that you'll take your eyes off of the remote controller for more than 3 seconds. I'm sure you see the potential problem there. If not, then have at it ;)
I'm not talking about freeway or city driving, just the MH driving out of an rv park, or a country road devoid of traffic where I can stop and get it up in the air, and then stop to bring it down after a couple miles. I have found some videos on YT that go into it, so I'll watch some of them and maybe do a shot of me leaving the park 1st. Just a thought though, think before you speak when deeming someone an amateur driver, especially anyone over 60, who is by no stretch an amateur.

Are you suggesting that it's safe to be constantly looking down at a mobile device while driving? If so, I cannot agree with that. I don't care how old you are or how much experience you have driving. Accidents can happen in a split second.
I don't look at my "mobile device" anytime my phantom's in the air. That was the original reason for my question. Will my phantom pick up the signal from inside my vehicle. I asked this to find out if I could take a shot of me in the motorhome moving. I guess you can beat it into whatever you want. But I'm still gonna do it. Its not like there's a lot of traffic in an rv park. But thanks for the driving lesson. By the way, I'm leaving the gulf next Wednesday, are you available to guide me out? I'm not sure I can make it alone.

I was simply trying to explain that you need to be constantly looking at your mobile device while using this feature. I'm really not trying to give you advice on how to live your life.
Could have fooled me.

I tried it, on a dirt road, holding the controller out the window. It followed me, but the 50 feet I did it was nerve racking. Next time I try it, someone else will be driving, i promise you.

Reactions: Techcop50
The Standard requires a strong gps signal to effectively follow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.