Follow Me!

Reaction score
https://youtu.be/zcTcCgtxLpk

Follow Me is now available on the DJI Ultimate Flight with GS. The developer plans to refine it as he works on the next feature...POI settings for filming. I also completed a 1900 foot GS mission today. LOVING the app for android!!

A little fine tuning should make it work better.
Appears to be creating waypoints "on the fly" using the controller's location.
I noticed that wherever the bird turned, that is where the controller turned.
Is that a true "follow me" thing?
Next test would be to have it follow while controller is on a motorcycle like in a motocross.

Way points is exactly what it does, so it truly does follow you! Apparently, the communication needed/used between the Phantom and the app only takes place once every second. A boat/car/motorcycle moves 73 feet in a second at 50 mph, so it's probably not at the development stage for speed yet! I thought it may be fun to try while playing a golf hole and riding a cart.....or maybe stick the phone in the dogs collar at the park!! Any other fun ideas I can try???

miket234 said:
.or maybe stick the phone in the dogs collar at the park!! Any other fun ideas I can try???

It was brought up before that the Vision follows the phone _and_ controller. Technically it does follow thee phone but the phone links up with the ranger extender on the controller. Separate those two by a few hundred feet and you lose connection to the Vision.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20