Follow Me in my car?

Reaction score
I've seen a few Follow Me videos such as the one below where the Phantom follows a car. With the remote controller inside a car (a metal box), I would not expect the GPS or the Phantom control RF signals to be strong enough for as solid connection. I'm having enough trouble getting reliable GPS connection with the Phantom in the open. Moving to a car seems very risky. If I were to have the Phantom follow my car, I would have the RC hanging out the window.

I'm not sure I have a question, just looking for comments and/or experiences with follow me car mode.

Why would there be any problem there? your phone is the one connecting to GPS and it works in cars for years

Yeah our fleet of 10,000+ workers use sat navs on their iPhones in a car. No problem.
As for RC/video link, it'll be less for sure. But we aren't talking files away here so I doubt it'll be a problem over the hundred or so meters.

If I understood the DJI video on this, if the craft gets more than 200M from the radio, it goes in a hover? So, I would think one would want to ensure it stays moving towards you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20