Follow me feature

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to use the follow me feature on the p3a? Is any additional equipment/software needed above and beyond standard? Also how good is the feature when in operation?

Does anyone know how to use the follow me feature on the p3a? Is any additional equipment/software needed above and beyond standard? Also how good is the feature when in operation?
how long have u been a p3a owner?

Not long why...?
I'm assuming from that response the bird isn't capable of this feature?
It is. I just wanted to give an advice, not to try that feature, unless you are pretty experienced and confident about the phantom. don't repeat other begginers mistakes.

You turn it on by switching to F mode on the remote.

It is. I just wanted to give an advice, not to try that feature, unless you are pretty experienced and confident about the phantom. don't repeat other begginers mistakes.

You turn it on by switching to F mode on the remote.
Oh I see, thank you.

I've not had the drone long but started out with a cheap (fully manual) drone. All, "I hope" of my mistakes were made on that, few crashes disorientation of controls when heading back. I.e. Left is right etc.

When ordering my drone it also took 10 days to come which was agonising. So within that time all I did was research the drone. I watched videos, reviews, tutorials, looked over manuals (which isn't the same without having it in front of you) and also spent a lot of time on the forum.

I still have a lot to learn but want to fully utilise all of the functions and capabilities of the drone, as I love taking pictures and making short films/videos. I'm excited to see what other type of footage I can get with it.

Oh I see, thank you.

I've not had the drone long but started out with a cheap (fully manual) drone. All, "I hope" of my mistakes were made on that, few crashes disorientation of controls when heading back. I.e. Left is right etc.

When ordering my drone it also took 10 days to come which was agonising. So within that time all I did was research the drone. I watched videos, reviews, tutorials, looked over manuals (which isn't the same without having it in front of you) and also spent a lot of time on the forum.

I still have a lot to learn but want to fully utilise all of the functions and capabilities of the drone, as I love taking pictures and making short films/videos. I'm excited to see what other type of footage I can get with it.
Same story with me. I had 2 cheap drones, all manually controlled. So had experience in that, for over a year, but still when using Follow Me mode, almost crashed my bird. I'm living in the mountain-y area. So when doing a follow me mode, almost hit into the high electricity wires, which seemed to be lower then the birds altitude in the begining. But later that road the mountain on the side got higher(from where the wires were coming from) - so got saved by my friend, who stopped the car when the bird was 3 cm away from the wires :)

So goodluck, andbe careful!

Same story with me. I had 2 cheap drones, all manually controlled. So had experience in that, for over a year, but still when using Follow Me mode, almost crashed my bird. I'm living in the mountain-y area. So when doing a follow me mode, almost hit into the high electricity wires, which seemed to be lower then the birds altitude in the begining. But later that road the mountain on the side got higher(from where the wires were coming from) - so got saved by my friend, who stopped the car when the bird was 3 cm away from the wires :)

So goodluck, andbe careful!

I see so it's not as autonomous as I previously thought. What is used as the tracker, I'm assuming the controller? Do you just preset the altitude and distance from controller and away you go?

I see so it's not as autonomous as I previously thought. What is used as the tracker, I'm assuming the controller? Do you just preset the altitude and distance from controller and away you go?
Mainly u control only the camera. but also u can adjust others also.

check this

Reactions: Simmsy
Remember to set a higher altitude than you think is required and the altitude reference is the home point. If you get Mr ohantom to follow you up hill he will be getting cliser to the ground. You need gps enabled on your tablet, the remote doesnt have gps. Make sure yiunhave plenty of space around you and try it sonewhere that if you crash you wont spoil anyone elses day. Also, maintaim line of sight between contriller and aircrafy if in a vehicle, the roof can cause sugnal loss. Be careful with your failsafe mode setting, you probably dont want the aircraft to return back to where you took off if you have a signal loss or low battery.

Follow-Me uses the tablet or phone as the tacker. There is an issue with many tablets after the 1.5 firmware update where it gets an error when trying to use follow-me. I have a Galaxy Tab A and it does not work with it. DJI is aware and says it will be fixed in a firmware update.

Reactions: Simmsy
Remember to set a higher altitude than you think is required and the altitude reference is the home point. If you get Mr ohantom to follow you up hill he will be getting cliser to the ground. You need gps enabled on your tablet, the remote doesnt have gps. Make sure yiunhave plenty of space around you and try it sonewhere that if you crash you wont spoil anyone elses day. Also, maintaim line of sight between contriller and aircrafy if in a vehicle, the roof can cause sugnal loss. Be careful with your failsafe mode setting, you probably dont want the aircraft to return back to where you took off if you have a signal loss or low battery.
Awesome thanks for all the info

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj