Follow me feature?

Reaction score
I've had my pv2+ since mid summer. When I was researching it back then I thought I remembered reading somewhere there was a feature or 3rd party software that would follow a controller on the move. Searching this forum I found some talk about it but it was talk about upcoming features from 2013.

its called Dynamic Home Point and you enable it in the DJI Vision app under settings

lfaitas said:
its called Dynamic Home Point and you enable it in the DJI Vision app under settings

The OP is talking about the UAV following him like a dog. DHP changes the home point that the UAV returns to and lands.

When the Dynamic Home Point feature is enabled in the DJI Vision app, it'll reset the home point to your current position every few seconds. It will not make your Phantom follow you though.

If your Phantom is in Naza-M mode, the bottom S2 switch position will be set to Home Lock. When the S2 switch is in that position, you can pull the right stick down to move your Phantom toward the current home point. If you're moving, your Phantom should continue to following the home point as it moves. That'll kind of simulate the follow me feature.

msinger said:
When the Dynamic Home Point feature is enabled in the DJI Vision app, it'll reset the home point to your current position every few seconds. It will not make your Phantom follow you though.

If your Phantom is in Naza-M mode, the bottom S2 switch position will be set to Home Lock. When the S2 switch is in that position, you can pull the right stick down to move your Phantom toward the current home point. If you're moving, your Phantom should continue to following the home point as it moves. That'll kind of simulate the follow me feature.

exactly what i use a lot of times! super cool effects especially at low hights!

lfaitas said:
msinger said:

exactly what i use a lot of times! super cool effects especially at low hights!

Never thought of using that as a feature, i turned off DHP as my phone GPS sucks.

Im thinking of getting it, i still have the original beta version, but its very buggy, i may wait a while until it is fully finished, as i dont fancy buying a product until its fully finished, although why i bought a DJi product is a mystery :lol:

msinger said:

Are you sure it works that way? I thought when you switch to HL, it will use the last saved HP and not update it again until you leave HL. So you would have to continually select and deselect HL to get the simulated follow me? Would be a pain and tricky me thinks.

BlackTracer said:
msinger said:

Are you sure it works that way? I thought when you switch to HL, it will use the last saved HP and not update it again until you leave HL. So you would have to continually select and deselect HL to get the simulated follow me? Would be a pain and tricky me thinks.

Me thinks your right, unless DHP works in the background and would update the homepoint automatically, its something that would need testing, simple job of flying the phantom away selecting HL and then moving a distance away, then pulling back on the stick and seeing if it moves towards you or towards your last point or where you are now.

I tried DHP the other day and noticed that the "radar" was overlayed on top of the live video feed?
Is it supposed to be like that?
I'm running the latest DJI Vision iOS App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20