Follow Me camera logic

Reaction score
Quick question (maybe), in Follow Me mode, what s the camera logic? Does it try to point at you on its own, or do you have to manually keep up with it, or does it try to maintain where it started from?

I have seen videos from the side and back (and I think one maybe from the front). How should I plan for camera?

Thanks!

Follow Me mode and not Active Track.... follows the GPS location of the display device connected to the controller. It's going to maintain it's relationship to the controller so the camera will stay pointed in that same direction.

Thank you. 'That same direction' meaning at the controller, or as initially set? Like what happens if you move left while it is following you? I know the aircraft will follow, but will the camera follow?

It remains at the same aspect to the controller when set. So if it's 100' to the south of you, it will stay 100' to the south. Since its maintaining that same position relevant to you, the drone and camera never rotate.

Watch the video. As I move 100' west, it moves 100' west. As I move 100' north, it moves 100' north. So the camera nor drone ever need to _rotate_ to keep me in frame.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav