Foldable propellers

Reaction score
Has anyone flew phantom3 with foldable propellers ??
I have some foldable propeller but not sure they will work
If anyone has worked with them please your feedback

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The best props are those supplied by DJI. They are tuned to work with the motors and ESC f/w.

Folding props will cause issues with active braking since the hub and blades are not fixed to each other.

Reactions: msinger
I believe all of the foldable props are for phantom 2's not the P3's

Folding props with active braking..

Does anyone ever read the manuals anymore or have common sense??

I believe all of the foldable props are for phantom 2's not the P3's

Nothing mechanical or physical prevents using props for one on the other.

Folding props with active braking..

Does anyone ever read the manuals anymore or have common sense??

There's a 'tinkering' or 'modding' gene in many.

Others come from other r/c hobbies where there are lots of upgrade or hop-up parts available.

Props are one of those items people feel they can bolt-on and improve performance as evidenced by the number of threads on the topic.

The OP asked the question which shows sense enough to ask.

Is this common [sense]?
Don't know but many just charge ahead and may learn hard lessons which could have been taught by just asking.

Those who wish to shame others for asking questions... are looking for something.

Can't fix stupidity!

Guess we will just have to deal with it so yes you're right.

Hope you find it [soon]!

Hahaha, you know you're loved when your best friends mock you. Hahaha
In some countries you would get stabbed below the waist for the stuff we say to others in North America. It's our way of sharing endearment. ;-)

But we Love you! Ha

RedHotPoker

You can always count on Phantom Pilots members for a good bashing.
I'll have you know, no phat ears were given in this thread.
& certainly No animals were harmed, or abused either. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Has anyone flew phantom3 with foldable propellers ??

Here's a video that I found on it with not very good results. What model of props are the ones that you want to try?

The originals are tuned to suit the motors and as said flooding props are no good due to the extremely fast changes in the rpm of the motors to keep these craft as stable as they are. The floding props will fold with these extremely fast seed changes thus not suplying the correct lift in time to stabilise the craft. Couple that with other motors that may be braking at the same time and you double that instability and cause motors to spool up or down even more. All this could lead to some very strange behaviour which could result in total loss of control

I still enjoy being able to do a little tweak here and there so... Here's a good thread on the subject. As far as safety is concerned, it's up to the operator to be safe and as far as experimenting with folding props like the 3 blade, there are some good arguments whether or not the properly tuned perfect 3 blade sets for P3's have even been manufactured yet.
The Future of Propeller Technology

Thanks all for your answers and comments
I've tried it yesterday with no issues.
I don't know how efficient are them, but I feel a little scary to loose my bird.
I'll keep you informed of my tests

Thanks everybody to give me some others point of view[emoji109][emoji13]

Thanks all for your answers and comments
I've tried it yesterday with no issues.
I don't know how efficient are them, but I feel a little scary to loose my bird.
I'll keep you informed of my tests

Thanks everybody to give me some others point of view[emoji109][emoji13]

Are you flying the 2 blade or 3 blade? The 3 blade is smoother and allows smoother dropping in altitude for shots that are quickly coming down. According to what I read, the 3 blade will run the battery down faster but the improved smoothness would really fit in to my work style being that some of the shots are maybe 2 minutes. It would be nice to have a smooth full speed descend that's straight down and no effects from prop wash on the way down. Keep us posted on your results :)

Today just fall down I was flying with the 2 blades and in the air something strange happens.
Turn the nose down and goes straight to the ground.
Approx 40 Mts full speed
And this was the result
10e54b1eaba041007012578a736904db.jpg

016d61ccd78d7bd599f69f34cab0f77b.jpg

Don't recommend 2 blade prop the original are the safest for the inversion

[emoji109][emoji36]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads