Foil Mod

Reaction score
Even though I do not fly often in my back yard because of the trees.I do try it once in a while .I have a Phantom 2 and a Phantom Vision. With the p2 I can get 8 Sats within a minute. But the Vision never got more than 6. So I never lifted it off the ground. After reading about all of the Foil mods I decided to try it today on the vision.Used the self adhesive copper foil. Put the top shell back on took it out back and got 9-10 Sats within 1 minute. So now I am a believer.

My vision + never had any problems getting enough sats until i turned on the video camera then they they just drop . i tried all the different mods copper , alloy re routing the cable from the gps unit but no joy , still to try ferrite on the camera cables just not had the time to strip the guts out the shell to get good enough access to the ribbon cables .
Glad it worked for you and it seems Dji know about the issues but have yet to fix them .

This mod has had varied success due to the variations in the materials and methods of application, skills and knowledge of the installer, and to some extent the severity of the inherent interference from quad to quad.

Thought there are pros and cons to any solution, including materials chosen, the success or failure is not with the material (copper, aluminum, etc.) per se. Both Cu and Al are equally effective. But since aluminum has only 50-60% of the conductivity of copper, a thicker gauge of aluminum would be needed to achieve the same shielding effectiveness as copper in any given situation.

So just how much is needed?
There has been no 'published' experimentation with adequate controls to either characterize the interference (frequency(s), amplitude), the mode of transfer (conducted, radiated, or combo), or the optimum size and shape of the shield.

The good news is it's easy to see if a given application has worked by comparing before and after SV counts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4