focusing...what am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
not sure my autofocus is working...
i am in autofocus setting, i click on the object it magnifies and its out of focus....take the photo and its, yes, out of focus...
what am i doing wrong?
thanks
P

i am in autofocus setting, i click on the object it magnifies and its out of focus....take the photo and its, yes, out of focus...
what am i doing wrong?
thanks
P

So I did some testing indoors, drone on a table, auto/manual focus, and although they look somewhat out of focus on the iPad, they check out fine when transferring them to a PC. Are you only looking at a tablet/phone or both.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
what am i doing wrong?
thanks
P

The Tap To Focus is a green square. You can either tap the screen or hold your finger on the screen area you wish to focus on. If the screen magnifies, it's because you have Focus Assist enabled in the settings. You can also try it in Manual Focus and see if you can manually focus on the object you're looking at (object needs to be a few feet in front of the camera at minimum).

The Tap To Focus is a green square. You can either tap the screen or hold your finger on the screen area you wish to focus on. If the screen magnifies, it's because you have Focus Assist enabled in the settings. You can also try it in Manual Focus and see if you can manually focus on the object you're looking at (object needs to be a few feet in front of the camera at minimum).

Its both...on ipad as well as on computer...

yep...i am doing everything as described...yet the photos are unsharp. I would not even call it soft.
manual focus works much better.

Perhaps there is a way to calibrate for this issue. Mine appears to be doing okay, although I admit that sometimes I have to question my eyes, lol. In my test I took pictures that had some writing in the scene and again it looked good on the PC.

I wish I had more data to offer.

Does your camera twitch as I asked in a new post?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Perhaps there is a way to calibrate for this issue. Mine appears to be doing okay, although I admit that sometimes I have to question my eyes, lol. In my test I took pictures that had some writing in the scene and again it looked good on the PC.

I wish I had more data to offer.

Does your camera twitch as I asked in a new post?

Cheers

==

No twitching that I saw. I re-installed the app...and i think I am getting better results indoors... Will see how it will be tomorrow outdoors.

Reactions: Traveler

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl