Focusing issues P4P v2

Reaction score
Is anyone else having focusing issues with the past two firmware updates? I have a huge issue with photos. Tried reloading firmware using DJI Assistant. Reset factory defaults. Reset camera settings. Tried different formats 16:9, 4:3, etc. Tried turning off AFC. Turned on focus assistant. Even in manual mode, it doesn’t focus well. Video focusing doesn’t stand out...but I haven’t dove into the video quality yet. Been trying to resolve photo issue

Based on this, I think I’ll pass until I see more info.

I'm not sure if it is a firmware issue at all. I have the lasted update and no issues. Have you talked with DJI? If not, that's where I would start.

Reactions: gppms
I have frequently had problems with focusing on photos and video, for quite some time. I think it's fine then when I get home it's hopelessly out of focus.
When I remember to hit the centre of the screen to get the green focus ring its fine. I have the left under button configured to be a forced focus reset.
I remember most of the time as soon as I take off to hit my focus, under left button and keep doing it in during flight recording, even though I leave it on autofocus.
If that does not work send it back because there will be a problem with it and they will repair it without using your DJI care thingy or charge you. Unfortunately it may take longer than normal given the recent DJI cuts. I hope that is not the case because up till now when ever I send a drone to be fixed its returned very quickly, here in Australia, I don't know about other parts of the world. To date I have had nothing but excellent repair or replacement and almost always without charge and with out using my DJI care.

Thanks @John Gowland I have tried it with auto focus, manual focus, focus assistance, AFC on and off. Good to know they usually get it back to you quickly. Just very odd it started after the recent updates. I always push down half way on the camera button when using auto focus. With continuous auto focus, the same method doesn’t make a difference. These issues are making the Evo 2 Pro look like a better option....I know they all have issues, but in the end the quality of our work is what matters most to us. If I can’t rely on the equipment, we will have to start shopping around. I’ll see how the replacement goes....last new P4P v2 we purchased wouldn’t perform a gimbal calibration. Didn’t even get to fly that one....there quality control does not seem to be up to par. Now this new one is having other issues. The Spark actually is taking better pictures than the Phantom....That’s how noticeable it is.

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO
The replacement came today. Tested before updating firmware. Everything worked fine. Tested after updating firmware everything is working good! It must have been coincidence that mine just happened to stop working after the update. The images are night and day difference. Thanks all for your help :) Sad thing is, this is the third attempt to get a new working drone. The quality control at DJI is obviously not that great.

Last edited:
Glad you got it resolved

The replacement came today. Tested before updating firmware. Everything worked fine. Tested after updating firmware everything is working good! It must have been coincidence that mine just happened to stop working after the update. The images are night and day difference.

Did they ever tell you what the problem was? Would be interesting to know.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31