Focus problems

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has experienced focus problems during an ortho grid mission?

Attached are two images from the same mission of one of my GCP's. It is the same GCP in both images. One is clear. The other seems out of focus, or stretched. Even the leaves around the GCP seem stretched, elongated in the same direction. Many of the images are similarly stretched, but not all are.

The images were taken at 125' altitude, at 6mph, in the same mission, using a P4. I was using Pix4D Capture in Fast Mode, Slow speed. Winds were very light. Images were shot near sundown in low light, using a White balance setting of Cloudy.

It will be difficult to use the GCP's in Pix4D so I will re-fly. So I am wondering if there is a way to prevent this in the future. I have used the Fast Mode, Slow Speed in the past without noticing any problems. I know Safe Mode might help, but most of my projects are too large.

Thanks.

DJI_0599a.jpg
DJI_0591a.jpg

Looking at the photo properties, the good image had 1/30 sec. exposure and ISO-273. The bad image had 1/15 sec. exposure and ISO-171.

Take some verticals from the same height when static before starting the mission - this will show if the problem is motion blur or focus.
A

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.