Focus Peaking now available on Android DJI GO 4

Reaction score
It looks like the Focus Peaking feature has finally been added to the latest Android version of DJI GO 4 (released a few days ago.) It is on the General settings page and can be set to Disabled, Low, Medium, or High. This thing is... I can't seem to get it to work. I think it's supposed to show some red fringing superimposed over the image to indicate proper focusing, but I can't seem to get that to appear no matter what Focus Peaking setting I select, in either still or video mode, auto or manual focus. Has anyone else gotten this to work?

P.S. It looks like they're also clarified some of the language in the app regarding the RTH settings, or at least tried to (why is it so impossible for Chinese companies to simply get a native English speaker to proofread stuff?) They also now indicate that Smart RTH will avoid obstacles even if OA is turned off.

Last edited:
Reactions: phigun
Have tried it too but does not seem to work yet...

Sent from my SM-G930F using PhantomPilots mobile app
I had this problem with the 4.0.3 DJI GO app on Samsung S7 Edge.
Uninstalled the app and reinstalled and the red outlining for focus peaking is now working.
Let us know how you go..

Reactions: phigun and Texacola
Okay worked for me today ! Changed nothing but an App update a few days ago and today the Focus peaking worked flawlessly even in super low light conditions and seems super healpful so far already.

Sent from my SM-G930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Okay worked for me today ! Changed nothing but an App update a few days ago and today the Focus peaking worked flawlessly even in super low light conditions and seems super healpful so far already.
Can you describe under what conditions you saw it? Video or still? Auto or manual focus mode?

Still not working for you ? I saw it on both modes Video and still only used autofocus Mode this flight. Hope you get it working soon mate!
Interesting. No, I'm not seeing it at all, in any mode. Perhaps I will try reinstalling the app as was suggested above.

Reactions: phigun
Solved! The problem was that you cannot view 'focus peaking' and 'overexposure warning' at the same time (if 'overexposure warning' is turned on then the focus peaking fringing will not display.) The reason that re-installing seems to fix the problem is that when you install or re-install then 'overexposure warning' is turned off by default, thus allowing focus peaking to display.

Great to have to figure this stuff out for ourselves. It's the DJI way! ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj